Truth hurts, pal

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

A swedish pastor jailed for "agitating against minority groups" by preaching against homosexuality in a sermon has been cleared of the charges by that country's highest court, reports The Local.

Åke Green, a pentecostal minister from the Baltic Sea island of Öland, spent a month in jail after condemning homosexuality in a sermon to his congregation. Critics said his words amounted to hate speech. The court disagreed.

Gay rights groups immediately condemned the decision.

“It is extremely serious when the church is turned into a free zone for agitation,” said Sören Andersson, chairman of gay rights group RFSL. “We are now going to face increased religious agitation from extreme right-wing Christian groups that use the church as a forum to spread their message of hatred.”

**end**

Hey Soren...c'mere. I wanna clue you in on something you obviously missed while you were busy watching that Will & Grace marathon.

Ya see, churches have things that they do. One of them is called furthering the teachings of the Bible. We believe in that book, quite a bit. And one of the teachings in that book could be summarized thusly.

When we as mortal men (and women, Lord let me be PC here) do things from our own free will, things we call choices, that run contraray to the will of God and His teachings, those things are called sins. You'll see the word mentioned frequently in the Bible. To put it in modern parlence for you, God ain't down with that. He's pretty consistently against it, in fact. For quite some time. Longer than there's been a Sweden in fact.

Hence, your choice to be gay is seen as a sin. Because it is a sin. And a pastor is likely to mention stuff like that in a sermon. It's been known to happen.

So just because your sissy ass doesn't like it, doesn't qualify it as that new-age buzzword, "hate speech".

Capice?

Good.

Now go find a woman.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
spent a month in jail
The court disagreed.

How do the anti-free-speech people plan to fix that? A month of this mans life is gone for nothing. Maybe there ought to be a penalty for stifling free speech in public.

unclehobart

I wonder if the same court/anti hate speech sect would respond so heavily to a radical muslim cleric going off on a 'die westerner, die' rant.

unclehobart

semi-rhetorical, I guess. I wonder if there has been an instance to date. Lord knows they used to let said same clerics go off in England, France, etc... without censure while having various laws about anti-hate speech.

I guess its just easier to pick on the locals since their followers won't start bombing mailboxes in the tourist district if annoyed like the muslims will.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
unclehobart said:
I guess its just easier to pick on the locals since their followers won't start bombing mailboxes in the tourist district if annoyed like the muslims will.

We've proven that if you defend yourself you are the bad guy no matter how many innocents are killed. Ask Israel, they know too.

Bobby Hogg

SouthernN'Proud said:
from tonguetied.us

A swedish pastor jailed for "agitating against minority groups" by preaching against homosexuality in a sermon has been cleared of the charges by that country's highest court, reports The Local.

Åke Green, a pentecostal minister from the Baltic Sea island of Öland, spent a month in jail after condemning homosexuality in a sermon to his congregation. Critics said his words amounted to hate speech. The court disagreed.

Gay rights groups immediately condemned the decision.

“It is extremely serious when the church is turned into a free zone for agitation,” said Sören Andersson, chairman of gay rights group RFSL. “We are now going to face increased religious agitation from extreme right-wing Christian groups that use the church as a forum to spread their message of hatred.”

**end**

Hey Soren...c'mere. I wanna clue you in on something you obviously missed while you were busy watching that Will & Grace marathon.

Ya see, churches have things that they do. One of them is called furthering the teachings of the Bible. We believe in that book, quite a bit. And one of the teachings in that book could be summarized thusly.

When we as mortal men (and women, Lord let me be PC here) do things from our own free will, things we call choices, that run contraray to the will of God and His teachings, those things are called sins. You'll see the word mentioned frequently in the Bible. To put it in modern parlence for you, God ain't down with that. He's pretty consistently against it, in fact. For quite some time. Longer than there's been a Sweden in fact.

Hence, your choice to be gay is seen as a sin. Because it is a sin. And a pastor is likely to mention stuff like that in a sermon. It's been known to happen.

So just because your sissy ass doesn't like it, doesn't qualify it as that new-age buzzword, "hate speech".

Capice?

Good.

Now go find a woman.

Jesus Christ doesn't make a single reference to homosexuality in the Bible.

Bobby Hogg

Gonz said:
We've proven that if you defend yourself you are the bad guy no matter how many innocents are killed. Ask Israel, they know too.

The IDF has killed roughly 4 times as many Palestinian civilians than Israeli civilians killed by Palestinian terrorists. There is defending yourself, and there is criminal negligence.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Bobby Hogg said:
Jesus Christ doesn't make a single reference to homosexuality in the Bible.

He created them male and female. Their roles/functions/purposes/identities are clearly outlined. Good enough for me.

Bobby Hogg

But Jesus Christ doesn't say a single thing about homosexuality. If you are a Christian, then by definition you follow the teachings of Christ. Does this include "turn the other cheek" as well as having views on homosexuality that Christ Himself never gave?

Your views are your own. Why try to pretend you've been given some cosmic mandate to hold them? Or that you have some backing from a major philosophical figure?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I know what's in that book quite well. I know the passage about judge not lest ye be judged.

I read and follow the entire book, not just the parts I like, as well as I can.

As to what Jesus addressed and didn't address, who am I to say what those various demons he cast out were? A learned person knows that many things were considered demons in those times.

I have my opinions; you are welcome to yours. Mine will not change. Pick your bone elsewhere, I won't fall for it.

Bobby Hogg

I understand your opinion will not change, but if you are going to take the moral highground and speak as if you have a mandate to make moral judgements as a Christian, then I have the right to challenge your opinion. If you don't want your opinion to be challenged, do not express it.

The demons were most likely that time's explanation for mental illness. What relevance has archaic terms got to do with moral issues that Jesus Christ was never documented as raising. Either you are a Christian, or you are a Hebrew who follows the ancient books of law. Which is it to be? If you are a Christian, then I trust you follow Christ's word accordingly.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Bobby Hogg said:
The IDF has killed roughly 4 times as many Palestinian civilians than Israeli civilians killed by Palestinian terrorists. There is defending yourself, and there is criminal negligence.

Berlin 04/01/1944
War is hell
83063.jpg

unclehobart

SouthernN'Proud said:
Muslims have tourist districts?
No. Its the monied western districts that have the tourist districts I speak of. I remember when France tried to corral some religious zealots in the 80s. The response was the odd maildrop box or trash bin in the touristy areas blowing up once in a while... the same way the IRA did in London from time to time. It was more a way to hurt France in its most lucrative pocket... tourism dollars. I was trying to impart the tought that the local priests and parishoners of the Lutheran (and other Christian faiths) born and bred of Denmark, Sweden, et al, would be waaay less likely to pop off a few rounds in the name of 'my god can beat up your god' that the recently arrived muslim sect.

Starya

What the good Pastor did, was to call homosexuals "a cancer tumor", I believe.

Do I think he should have spend a month in jail for it? Naah. I just reserve the right to call him a puss-filled cyste. :lloyd:

Winky

Yeah only the cancers on civilization have the right to
free speak, not the Gawd fearin' puss filled cysts!

Oh Plueaze