Truth hurts, pal

HeXp£Øi±

Bobby Hogg said:
Yes indeed.

But no, I wanted Leviticus. If you can use Leviticus for justifying homophobia, then there must be some other interesting stuff in there you can use too.

What you think i'm justifying homophobia? I think you're unjustly categorizing me with some other people. On the contrary i don't think we should be afraid of homosexuals at all or anyone else for that matter. I was simply stating what the bible says and that Jesus Christ agreed with the bible since you seemed to be invoking the idea that he(Jesus) somehow condoned the act of homosexual behavior.

Winky

Yeah yer right not all:

county.JPG

Bobby Hogg

HeXp£Øi± said:
What you think i'm justifying homophobia? I think you're unjustly categorizing me with some other people. On the contrary i don't think we should be afraid of homosexuals at all or anyone else for that matter. I was simply stating what the bible says and that Jesus Christ agreed with the bible since you seemed to be invoking the idea that he(Jesus) somehow condoned the act of homosexual behavior.

I appreciate that, but you can't use Leviticus without also bearing in mind just how much of it that we utterly disregard. It's completely archaic.

I think if Christ was unduly worried about homosexuality, He would have mentioned it. As it was, I feel describing homosexuality as a cancer is not Christ-like, from my reading of the Bible. Somewhere along the line people have to stop looking at others and start looking at themselves when they claim the moral highground.

SouthernN'Proud and anyone else lecturing people on the morality of homosexuality have to make sure their own house is in order as it regards Christ's word. Christ said it Himself.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Bobby Hogg said:
He was released.

AFTER he was jailed for a month for having an opinion.

Hey, this is why we left Europe in teh first place.

Bobby Hogg

Gonz said:
AFTER he was jailed for a month for having an opinion.

The Swedish justice system has corrected a mistake, in its own estimation. Whether Swedish people consider inciteful language to be protected by free speech laws is their concern, really.

Gonz said:
Hey, this is why we left Europe in teh first place.

Everyone is happy, then.

HeXp£Øi±

Bobby Hogg said:
I appreciate that, but you can't use Leviticus without also bearing in mind just how much of it that we utterly disregard. It's completely archaic.

I think if Christ was unduly worried about homosexuality, He would have mentioned it. As it was, I feel describing homosexuality as a cancer is not Christ-like, from my reading of the Bible. Somewhere along the line people have to stop looking at others and start looking at themselves when they claim the moral highground.

SouthernN'Proud and anyone else lecturing people on the morality of homosexuality have to make sure their own house is in order as it regards Christ's word. Christ said it Himself.

I agree with you 100%. On that note i don't think Christ was "worried" about anything in particular. If the bible is accurate then he is the solution and he knows the important truths that God is love and that there is hope for us all. Many things can be debated about homosexuality. Sure Christ didn't speak directly to homosexuality but there were all sorts of things he didn't speak to yet that we know are not the will of God. What he did speak to were repentance & forgiveness. He also said do not judge and imo he told us not to judge because we are not fit to judge as most of us are great sinners which is why he called Paul to guide us who was also a great sinner.
By the way i don't disregard any of the bible. I think the old testement is just as relevent as Jesus Christ. In fact they are one and the same.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They are doubly screwed/

Wikipedia said:
The other two acts define the freedom of the press and other forms of expression. They are separated into two separate laws mainly to maintain the tradition of the Freedom of the Press Act from 1766.

The Freedom of the Press Act (Swedish: Tryckfrihetsförordningen, TF) has actually been changed several times since its first incarnation. In 1772, 1810, 1812, 1949 and 1982. It was not, however, until the 1810 Act that what we today generally call Freedom of Expression was secured. The 1766 Act held for example that Freedom of Expression was to be uninhibited, except for "violations", which included blasphemy and criticism of the state.

The Fundamental Law on Freedom of Expression (Swedish: Yttrandefrihetsgrundlagen, YGL) of 1991 is a lengthier document defining freedom of expression in all media except for written books and magazines (such as television, the Internet, radio, etc.)

and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Article 19.
Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

OOps, make that triply fucked
EU Charter of Fundamental Principes said:
Article 10
Freedom of thought, conscience and religion
1. Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion. This right includes freedom to change religion or belief and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or in private, to manifest religion or belief, in worship, teaching, practice and observance.

2. The right to conscientious objection is recognised, in accordance with the national laws governing the exercise of this right.
Article 11
Freedom of expression and information
1. Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers.

2. The freedom and pluralism of the media shall be respected.

Starya

unclehobart said:
Now, now... I was in agreement. Darn these language barriers.
Ah, right. My mind was in "running off to bed"-mode. (It's currently in "wake up, wake up now!"-mode)

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Bobby Hogg said:
Yes indeed.

But no, I wanted Leviticus. If you can use Leviticus for justifying homophobia, then there must be some other interesting stuff in there you can use too.

Here's a novel suggestion...how about you read it for yourself?

edited - Leslie

Bobby Hogg said:
-Leslie

2. My house was set in order thirty years ago. I'll worry about mine, you take care of yours. -Leslie

3. Anyone who professes nonbelief in God's word has no business quoting it. It's intended to be more than a petty debate tool.

Bobby Hogg

SouthernN'Proud said:
Here's a novel suggestion...how about you read it for yourself?

edited - Leslie

I have, which is why I don't think Leviticus should be brought up.

SouthernN'Proud said:
-Leslie

2. My house was set in order thirty years ago. I'll worry about mine, you take care of yours. -Leslie

3. Anyone who professes nonbelief in God's word has no business quoting it. It's intended to be more than a petty debate tool.

I've read it, I can quote it. No where did I say I don't believe it. I said that I'm not a Christian, because I don't follow Christ's word. If this thread or how you post here is evidence, then neither do you.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
will you 2 just pull down your pants and measure already, or see who can piss the farthist, or whatever it is you are trying to prove.

Bobby Hogg

Yet you when on a moral tirade in your initial post that is not based on any of Christ's teachings. Not very Christian of you.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Bobby Hogg said:
Yet you when on a moral tirade in your initial post that is not based on any of Christ's teachings. Not very Christian of you.

Originally Posted by me
I know what's in that book quite well. I know the passage about judge not lest ye be judged.

Repetition works on most lab rats, maybe it will eventually with you.