U.N. report: U.S. committed acts 'amounting to torture' at Gitmo

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
flavio said:
Quit trying to play games :yawn3:
I have provided several sources of evidence yet you have not provided any.

Do you have any evidence for this claim or not? -> "the persons in charge and the persons carrying out this act were duly punished".

I don't need to. Your own source has a list of people being punished who were tried, and found guilty. Keep highlighting your lack of foresight, though.

flavio said:
On April 14, 2004 Lieutenant Ilario Pantano of the United States Marine Corps, killed two unarmed captives. Lieutenant Pantano was later to claim that the captives had advanced on him in a threatening manner. But this contradicted the official statement he made to military investigators in June 2004. Further, in his June statement he explained that he had emptied two entire magazines into their bodies in order "to send a message". Lieutenant Pantano admitted to placing a warning over his captive's corpses. The officer who presided over his article 32 hearing recommended a court martial for his body desecration. But all charges against Lieutenant Pantano were dropped, and he was able to resign from the Marines with an honorable discharge

So now body desecration is now murder, and dropped charges mean guilt. Another abuse of the dictionary by the wise, all-knowing flavio...:rolleyes:

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
I don't need to. Your own source has a list of people being punished who were tried, and found guilty. Keep highlighting your lack of foresight, though.
So I guess that's a NO. Just speculation.

So now body desecration is now murder, and dropped charges mean guilt. Another abuse of the dictionary by the wise, all-knowing flavio...:rolleyes:
Something waived and ignored just like you asked.

flavio

Banned

Amnesty says Iraq abuses continue
Prisoners at Iraq's Abu Ghraib jail in October 2005
Amnesty's researchers met former inmates in Iraq and Jordan
Amnesty International has said that thousands of detainees held by the multinational forces in Iraq are still being denied their basic rights.

The group said the lessons of the Abu Ghraib prison scandal appeared to have been ignored and reports of torture continued to "pour out of Iraq".

It said it based its findings on interviews with former inmates.

US and British officials insist that prisoners are treated in accordance with international standards.

The report says the multinational forces and Iraqi authorities must take urgent steps to stop human rights abuses if there is to be any hope of halting Iraq's slide towards increasing violence and sectarianism.

Amnesty says in its 48-page report that thousands of Iraqis are being held without charge or trial.

More than 200 detainees have been imprisoned for more than two years and nearly 4,000 for over a year, it reports.

"To hold this huge number of people without basic legal safeguards is a gross dereliction of responsibility on the part of both the US and UK forces," said its UK director, Kate Allen.

More.......

Professur

I've got a better idea. Let them go. On a very small island somewhere. No wimmens, right? I'm sure there's a few isolated islands with plenty of feral pigs as a food source. Betcha they'd take a "porking" if you could breed a generation in captivity.

highwayman

Professur said:
I've got a better idea. Let them go. On a very small island somewhere. No wimmens, right? I'm sure there's a few isolated islands with plenty of feral pigs as a food source. Betcha they'd take a "porking" if you could breed a generation in captivity.

Good idea...airdrop feed for the sqeelers and nothing else...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
military officials said they did so to avoid making sensitive information public — not because he was innocent.

CYA? Perhaps. However, the military has a different justice system than the civilian system.

highwayman

Gonz said:
CYA? Perhaps. However, the military has a different justice system than the civilian system.

If it was me I would resign my commision when I could so that I would walk away with an Honerable, he is obviously a target...

catocom

flavio said:
Why do you think these people are all enemies?
Some may not be I don't know.
I'm saying they should have had a tribunal while they were still rounded up in
the barbed-wire in Afghanistan. If guilty, shot. If found innocent, turned loose.
Same as now, give them a tribunal.
Of coarse there'd be a major out-crying if they were killed.

I guess you just want to turn them all loose huh?

flavio

Banned
highwayman said:
The charges were also dropped, there must have been something in the charges for him to be detained....
You think everytime charges are dropped against someone that there must have been something in them? I think most times if there's something in them they shouldn't get dropped.

I guess you just want to turn them all loose huh?
If there's no charges against them they shouldn't be imprisoned. That doesn't seem reasonable?

catocom

I read it. They needed to use the word "formal" in there IMO.
They are all charge with being enemy combatants, until proven innocent.
They were all in a war zone.