Universal Service

Cerise

There's no plan in place for universal compulsory service. Rahm Emmanuel likes the idea so he wrote a book about it.

All this other crap is pure speculation. American thinker indeed. :rolleyes:

As chief of staff, Emanuel will not be in a position to directly introduce public policy, but his enthusiasm for compulsory service, combined with Barack Obama's own plan to require high school students to perform 50 hours of government-approved service, suggest an unfortunate direction for the new administration.

In fact, Obama's national service plan is "voluntary" in a technical sense -- nobody will be arrested for declining to participate. But non-participants also won't be allowed to graduate from high school, and without those diplomas, life could get a bit rough.

Care to rephrase that "No plan" part?

spike

The question Cerise is why you consider national service, military or otherwise exactly like receiving welfare?

You're the one that called public service welfare. Why would you insult the people taht serve our country?

Cerise

The question Cerise is why you consider national service, military or otherwise exactly like receiving welfare?

You're the one that called public service welfare. Why would you insult the people taht serve our country?

Prove that I said those words.

spike

Prove that I said those words.

"Compulsory civilian national service for those who expect to collect Fearless Leader's welfare checks."

What welfare checks for people performing national service are you referring to?

Who's getting these welfare checks you speak of? High school students?

Cerise

"Compulsory civilian national service for those who expect to collect Fearless Leader's welfare checks."

What welfare checks for people performing national service are you referring to?

29099262.BULLSHITOMETER.gif

Hey, Rocket. Your question should be "how much of my valuable time will I be expected to donate to the compulsory civilian national service in order to receive my Welfare Check from Fearless Leader?" After all, you can't expect something for doing nothing. Or can you??

spike

So you're saying you do consider payment for national service to be welfare.

Glad we got that settled.

How about the questions I asked though?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Problem solved:

Compulsory civilian national service for those who expect to collect Fearless Leader's welfare checks.

Personally, I'm all for the WPA being reinsitituted for welfare recipients.

Cerise

Turns out the plan has been posted for quite some time.

Not sure why we're not using that in the discussion.

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/NationalServicePlanFactSheet.pdf

Because this:

http://www.change.gov/americaserves

is shorter.

However, it's nice to see that you agree that the eventual Kommandant in Chief does have a plan in place for universal compulsory service.

Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by setting a goal that all middle school and high school students do 50 hours of community service a year and by developing a plan so that all college students who conduct 100 hours of community service receive a universal and fully refundable tax credit ensuring that the first $4,000 of their college education is completely free.

Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.

Cerise

So you're saying you do consider payment for national service to be welfare. Glad we got that settled.

No. Nothing's settled. That's just you lying about what was said to suit your agenda. :shrug:

How about the questions I asked though?

Get back to me when you have some proof that I actually said the above instead of just making shit up because you have nowhere to go with this.

spike

We still need to sort out why you consider payment for national service to be welfare.

And those questions you keep missing

Cerise

We still need to sort out why you consider payment for national service to be welfare.

And those questions you keep missing

You are the only one talking about getting "paid" for national service.

You still haven't shown that I made any statement close to what you are trying to fabricate.

Why are you lying, and why can't you provide the evidence that will show you are more than just a one trick pony -- rather, chimpy?

spike

Get back to me when you have some proof that I actually said the above instead of just making shit up because you have nowhere to go with this.

Geez, it's not hard to back a couple posts

"how much of my valuable time will I be expected to donate to the compulsory civilian national service in order to receive my Welfare Check from Fearless Leader?

Compulsory civilian national service for those who expect to collect Fearless Leader's welfare checks."

jimpeel

In case ya missed it, Mr. Obama wants to start up a Civilian National Security Force. He made the statement in a July 2, 2008 speech in Colorado springs, CO. That particular speech has been removed from the speech archives at http://www.barackobama.com/speeches/index.php. Must want to hide something.

Here is the video of his statement about a Civilian National Security Force in his own words, in his own voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s

As for the American Thinker article, try this.

About the author of the article:

Note: the author has experience in community organizing. For example, he organized one of the earliest Meals-on-Wheels programs in Illinois, in continuous service for over 30 years. He trained over a hundred Illinois non-profit organizations to resettle Vietnamese Refugees. He assembled three dozen congregations and a synagogue in a mid-sized Texas town to provide emergency assistance to low-income citizens, in continuous operation for 25 years. He was an expert witness at a Texas Senate hearing when legislation forming the state's Commission on Human Rights was being drafted.

So he knows a bit about that which he speaks.

jimpeel

Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by setting a goal that all middle school and high school students do 50 hours of community service a year and by developing a plan so that all college students who conduct 100 hours of community service receive a universal and fully refundable tax credit ensuring that the first $4,000 of their college education is completely free.

I call that welfare and it will be high school students who are receiving it so they can go to college and have the first $4,000 of welfare money to start their college education.

spike

That particular speech has been removed from the speech archives at http://www.barackobama.com/speeches/index.php. Must want to hide something.

I don't suppose you have any proof that is was there and then taken down?

Here is the video of his statement about a Civilian National Security Force in his own words, in his own voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s

Holy crap, you mean he wants to make us more secure? Oh noes!

About the author of the article:

The author writes for a blatantly right wing biased fake news site.

spike

I call that welfare and it will be high school students who are receiving it so they can go to college and have the first $4,000 of welfare money to start their college education.

So you, like Cerise, call college tuition for public service welfafre.

So you hate the military. Or at least think the troops are welfare recipients.

Cerise

Geez, it's not hard to back a couple posts

"how much of my valuable time will I be expected to donate to the compulsory civilian national service in order to receive my Welfare Check from Fearless Leader?

Compulsory civilian national service for those who expect to collect Fearless Leader's welfare checks."

You went back, but you didn't comprehend.

What you quoted had nothing to do with what you repeatedly lie about.

I never said people should get welfare checks in return for serving in Comrade Obamovich's compulsory civilian national service program. Do you live in an alternate fantasy world or something?