US bars France, Germany, Russia and Canada from Iraq contracts

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
without the blue, when they* start whining it makes me sick.

* they being goverment type people,not your average american, which is a group of nice people

catocom

MrBishop said:
s'cuse me? Canada happens to be with the USA in the war on terrorism thing. The problem is that wee actually wanted proof BEFORE invading, and not invading and then looking for proof to substantiate the invasion.

It's not supposed to be "I came, I didn't see, I conquered, I still don't see"
...it's supposed to be "I saw (WMD), I came, I conquered"

If the USA had presented one scrap of evidence of WMD's to Prime Minister Chrétien, then Canada would've been in there...but Dubya didn't...because he didn't have any. If there had been any evidence, he'd have presented it to the UN months before the invasion, and everyone would've jumped on it...

Dubya had his multiple-opportunities and used NONE OF THEM!

OH BTW...the "Us" in this case is the USA and several other countries...I ask again. Why is it that ONLY the USA is making decisions as to who gets the contracts? Hmmm?

Why would the US need to supply evidence, after the un already
found chemical warheads, that I might add Saddam said they didn't have. :confused:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Well, if you want to talk Gov's, how about answer me this. Canada is Officially against the invasion and occupation of Iraq, correct? So what the fuck are your troops doing there then?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
PuterTutor said:
Well, if you want to talk Gov's, how about answer me this. Canada is Officially against the invasion and occupation of Iraq, correct? So what the fuck are your troops doing there then?

camping

Rose

paul_valaru said:
the system is in place so dense population areas (ex NYC) don't have all the say in who is elected, it means that farmers in ohio, or wherever have a voice in the choice made as well

I think this is really for another thread, but ... I don't see the point in the Electoral College and I disagree that it makes everyone's voice fair. I think the Electoral College should be done away with completely and let the majority vote choose the president as it should be.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Rose said:
I think this is really for another thread, but ... I don't see the point in the Electoral College and I disagree that it makes everyone's voice fair. I think the Electoral College should be done away with completely and let the majority vote choose the president as it should be.

then you have the eastern seaboard choosing ht epresident, so his whole campaign is about them, while he cuts farmers subsedies, becasue there voice no longer counts for anything.

Rose

Maybe I don't understand the whole thing, which is most likely. But I know that if I don't vote with the majority of this state, my vote counts for nothing. I know the Republican party will win the vote in Oklahoma. D'oh, or Democratic Party, whichever is the predominate one - I forget. Either way, I know that my vote is meaningless unless I vote with them. My vote for the other party does absolutely no good for that party if the state wins overall.

Does that make sense? My brain knows what I'm trying to say, but the proper words are escaping me.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
PuterTutor said:

and our gov't is a bit fucked to

but what burns me about the US goverment policies is trying to force them on us, they tried (or they did) pass legislation allowing US companies to sue candian companies who deal with Cuba.

the Cuba santions are a US thing, no other goverment that I am aware of supports them

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Rose said:
Maybe I don't understand the whole thing, which is most likely. But I know that if I don't vote with the majority of this state, my vote counts for nothing. I know the Republican party will win the vote in Oklahoma. D'oh, or Democratic Party, whichever is the predominate one - I forget. Either way, I know that my vote is meaningless unless I vote with them. My vote for the other party does absolutely no good for that party if the state wins overall.

Does that make sense? My brain knows what I'm trying to say, but the proper words are escaping me.

your talking the other parties.

the independants, well the US is a 2 party system, basically, you have dumb....and dumber.

it's not the best system, but it is waht you got

here in canada we have 4 major parties....all of which suck worst thatn the last

hell one of the parties wants to break apart from canada.

MrBishop

PuterTutor said:
An exchange of armed forces personnel between Canada and the USA. X number of troops from the USA come up to Canada for "Winter training" yearly, the same number of Cannucks go south and desert train. Each group is stationed, as if they're part of the home forces.

When the USA invaded Iraq, the Canadians there went with their home troop over the ocean and into Iraq. They were effectivly Americans at that point, but still Canucks. Our GVT didn't pull them back home or refuse them from going because 'we're allies' and even though we can't, as a political force clap and cheer what we feel was an early invasion, we sure as hell remember that the USA is our ALLY! So, we didn't pull the troops. Furthermore, we released the American troops stationed in Petawawa, Ontario...back into the USA, so they could go to war in Iraq.

That's why there were Canadians in Iraq...'we're allies!

Just don't expect us to jump every time the USA says "Squiggy"...cause we also happen to be a strong and independant nation.

Nuff said?

catocom

US government policies ?
Oh don't get me started on that. :D
We have some good ones, but there are also alot of really screwed ones too.;)

chcr

Too cute for words
paul_valaru said:
then you have the eastern seaboard choosing ht epresident, so his whole campaign is about them, while he cuts farmers subsedies, becasue there voice no longer counts for anything.

Pretty scary that you understand it better than most Americans.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
MrBishop said:
An exchange of armed forces personnel between Canada and the USA. X number of troops from the USA come up to Canada for "Winter training" yearly, the same number of Cannucks go south and desert train. Each group is stationed, as if they're part of the home forces.

When the USA invaded Iraq, the Canadians there went with their home troop over the ocean and into Iraq. They were effectivly Americans at that point, but still Canucks. Our GVT didn't pull them back home or refuse them from going because 'we're allies' and even though we can't, as a political force clap and cheer what we feel was an early invasion, we sure as hell remember that the USA is our ALLY! So, we didn't pull the troops. Furthermore, we released the American troops stationed in Petawawa, Ontario...back into the USA, so they could go to war in Iraq.

That's why there were Canadians in Iraq...'we're allies!

Just don't expect us to jump every time the USA says "Squiggy"...cause we also happen to be a strong and independant nation.

Nuff said?

"Squiggy"

:D

Relax, Bish. Most of us here in the US know that Canada is a strong and independent nation. We also know that Canada has been our steadfast ally in almost every instance since the 1800's. We even know that our border with Canada is almost entirely open. You Canuckleheads are also aour largest trading partner, and, even though you mispell the words honor, neighbor, and color, you at least pronounce, and spell, the word aluminum correctly. Our armed forces are combined for one purpose...the defense of North America (NORAD ring a bell). The Canadian soldiers that got sent to Iraq were sent because

1. They got the Canadian governments permission, and
2. They volunteered.

If the US government thought of Canada as anything but a strong and independent nation, then that much, at least, ought to clear up things a bit.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
You are right to a point though Rose, when you live in a state that predominately votes one party or the other, your vote does seem meaningless, however, that is part of the problem. Our votes are not meaningless, but there are a great number of people who think they are, hence, they don't vote.