US bars France, Germany, Russia and Canada from Iraq contracts

Hoon

chcr said:
Yeah, okay.:rolleyes:

man, you'd make a terrible police officer..

chcr : "Show me your hands!
Suspect : "No
chcr "Come on...please"
Suspect "Go to hell"
chcr "Show me your hands or I'll shoot"!
Suspect "YEah, right"
chcr click
Suspect "ok, ok..I'll show you my hands"
chcr "Thank you" lowers weapon
Suspect "PSYCH!" lol
chcr "Ok, lets start again..show me your hands"

...and so on for 12 years.
HEY! you could almost retire on that one burgler!

chcr

Too cute for words
Hoon said:
man, you'd make a terrible police officer..

chcr : "Show me your hands!
Suspect : "No
chcr "Come on...please"
Suspect "Go to hell"
chcr "Show me your hands or I'll shoot"!
Suspect "YEah, right"
chcr click
Suspect "ok, ok..I'll show you my hands"
chcr "Thank you" lowers weapon
Suspect "PSYCH!" lol
chcr "Ok, lets start again..show me your hands"

...and so on for 12 years.
HEY! you could almost retire on that one burgler!

So then the US is the worlds police?

And you just don't understand that that's part of the problem?

catocom

chcr said:
I hear this one at work all the time, that we don't know what they know. Bush needs to justify this action to the public before elections. If they had real evidence, they'd be shouting it from the rooftops. And why is it that no one seems to remember that muslim fundamentalists hate Saddam?

From what I understand about topsecret stuff is that if you squeal, you die.
I still believe in the Kennedy Conspiracy theory. :D
I don't really trust the "government" on either side of the fence.
I also believe the pres. receives somewhat limited info from some
of the agencies too. I further believe that some presidents have
been given more info that others through-out history.
Regan, Bush Sr., and now maybe GW, I believe have had some
better intel. because of Bush Sr.'s tie with the CIA.

chcr

Too cute for words
catocom said:
From what I understand about topsecret stuff is that if you squeal, you die.
I still believe in the Kennedy Conspiracy theory. :D
I don't really trust the "government" on either side of the fence.
I also believe the pres. receives somewhat limited info from some
of the agencies too. I further believe that some presidents have
been given more info that others through-out history.
Regan, Bush Sr., and now maybe GW, I believe have had some
better intel. because of Bush Sr.'s tie with the CIA.

The mob killed Kennedy.

I actually agree with most of what you said, but if I was Dubya's dad, I wouldn't tell him shit. He's not to bright. I still think if they had reliable evidence, they'd put it out.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
chcr said:

Considering that we have been made the worlds police by just about every UN mandate since the UN was founded, how can you say that we, in the US are the problem? Every time something in the world goes badly, there's a clamor for US involvement. If we don't get involved, then we're insensitive to the worlds needs. If we do get involved, then we're bullies, or the worlds police. Before you start typing a tert response, just remember...we are what we are because the public made us so. It's too late to cry about it now.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
umyeah, but that's not really it...

we see years and years of butting in where there's no business butting in...playing with the world like paper dolls and when trouble arises blaming everyone but your own policies and actions for your mistakes...we see aid to other countries when it's only your interests at heart while proclaiming altruism...yet when there is a real need elsewhere, and cries for help go out, the US is nowhere to be found...unless the dollar is at stake.

the bullshit doesn't boggle anyone's brains anymore...just give it up and say it like it is...you're selfish, money hungry, corrupt, greedy and proud of it :shrug:

Ms Ann Thrope

Not everyone in this country, Leslie. I happen to agree with you, and deplore this government's actions. Put the blame on our leaders, not the citizenry. After all, we didn't elect our current President. :crying3:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I do mean the gov't in this case...Gato said we...I had a difficult time phrasing without the usage of 'you'

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Leslie said:
umyeah, but that's not really it...

we see years and years of butting in where there's no business butting in...playing with the world like paper dolls and when trouble arises blaming everyone but your own policies and actions for your mistakes...we see aid to other countries when it's only your interests at heart while proclaiming altruism...yet when there is a real need elsewhere, and cries for help go out, the US is nowhere to be found...unless the dollar is at stake.

the bullshit doesn't boggle anyone's brains anymore...just give it up and say it like it is...you're selfish, money hungry, corrupt, greedy and proud of it :shrug:

Um...yeah...Funny how, whenever there's a disaster anywhere in the world, the US is first to offer assistance, though, isn't it? And what country doesn't use foreign aid to help friends and/or hurt unfriendly nations? As for your 'paper dolls', that was uncalled for. 99 times out of 100, the US only goes in when the worlds public cry for us to get involved. Yes, it makes us look magnanimous, but so does Canada when they do it...the UK when they do it...and even France when they do it. If you really want to know about altruism, look towards those who die doing such acts. The soldiers and airmen who went into Somolia, Kenya, and Ethiopia. You only see what your press wants you to see, just like everybody else. There are lots of cases in which the US got involved only because of the cries of those who were downtrodden and/or suffering. If you choose only to focus on the times where there was a vested self-interest, that's your business, but, before you paint all actions with the same brush, you need to look beyond that.

Hoon

chcr said:

No...we're not the world police.
The UN is..but when they won't do their job because they (France, Germany & Russia) are in bed with the burgler...someone has to step up.

Hoon

Ms Ann Thrope said:
Not everyone in this country, Leslie. I happen to agree with you, and deplore this government's actions. Put the blame on our leaders, not the citizenry. After all, we didn't elect our current President. :crying3:

Uhm...yes we did.
Electoral college / shemectoral smoledge.
He was elected.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Never fear, Gato dear, I see altruism in and feel pity for those endangering their lives and dying in a war waged based on falsehoods.

You are right in that your country is there in emergencies, just is every other industrial nation, and some who aren't so industrial.

I see what my press wants me to see, as well as what YOUR press wants me to see, as well as what mine and your history books say, as well as what the press around the world is saying.

The paper dolls statement is absolutely not uncalled for...it's exactly what's happening time and time again, and even now.

hmmmm...
The United States ranks last among industrialized countries in foreign aid contributions as a percent of GDP
source

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I know you're never gonna see the light I see...but at least take a second look at why I might think this way :shrug:

catocom

chcr said:
The mob killed Kennedy.

See :D
Now more paranoia....
I also believe the mob, and the government are bed buddies.
Especially along the congressional, and senatorial sides. :nerd:

chcr

Too cute for words
Hoon said:
Uhm...yes we did.
Electoral college / shemectoral smoledge.
He was elected.

Al Gore (Democrat)...... 50,999,897....... 48.38

George W. Bush (Republican)..... 50,456,002..... 47.87

Wanna try that again? Oh, and just because you can't prove something in court, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Case in point, O.J.

catocom

I like Bush myself, and am glad he's in there, buuut
I never did like the electoral college thing. It just makes it
seem like evey vote doesn't count.

Hoon

chcr said:
Al Gore (Democrat)...... 50,999,897....... 48.38

George W. Bush (Republican)..... 50,456,002..... 47.87

Wanna try that again? Oh, and just because you can't prove something in court, doesn't mean it didn't happen. Case in point, O.J.
There's no court...
It's our system and it's there for a reason.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
the system is in place so dense population areas (ex NYC) don't have all the say in who is elected, it means that farmers in ohio, or wherever have a voice in the choice made as well