US bars France, Germany, Russia and Canada from Iraq contracts

BeardofPants

Aunty Em said:
Don't you just love it.... "we blew up your country now you can pay us for rebuilding it".... liberated from Saddam = enslaved by the dollar(as in a general term for filthy lucre/money).... how many years will ordinary iraqis be paying for this I wonder...

Hands up anyone who didn't think this was inevitable?

How else did you think the US was going to enslave Iraq? Bah, they'll just demand the oil fields or somethin'. :rolleyes:

Hoon

chcr said:
At the end, just before the invasion, he let the inspectors back in, and gave them the access they had tried to get earlier. You don't remember this? Now, clearly he only did it to avoid military action and he did it with truculence and ill grace, but he did it. That was why Blix suggested the UN hold off.

Bush was always going to invade, no matter what.

And that's the scary part.

It was too little too late.
He should've done this 12 years ago and not swayed from it.
It's not like he was limited on chances.

Hoon

Aunty Em said:
Don't you just love it.... "we blew up your country now you can pay us for rebuilding it".... liberated from Saddam = enslaved by the dollar(as in a general term for filthy lucre/money).... how many years will ordinary iraqis be paying for this I wonder...

Hands up anyone who didn't think this was inevitable?

On the contrary..
Saddam invited this upon himself.
Remeber? We gave him an ultimatum.
To give up and leave Iraq to save the damage & death?
he refused.

This is all on his head, alone.

unclehobart

Nah... only the more developed areas of the world have reliable internet access. That limits the audience.

...but blue jeans can be found on the most discarded prisoner in the most secluded corner of a third rate Turkish prison. Its impact is universal.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
chcr said:
At the end, just before the invasion, he let the inspectors back in,

This happened time after time after time. Shit or get off the pot. This is where the UN & the US seperated. They unanimously passed 1441 & allowed it again. He was in violation of 1441 from day one. The US decided that enough was enough. 12 years of this added to 09/11 & saddam feeding al qieda, it was time. If it wasn't time, how long before it was enough? 4 more years? 10? 12? 20?

saddam could have provided proof he destroyed his weapons. He didn't.

saddam could have allowed inspectors completely unfettered access. He didn't.

saddam could have peacefully moved to Russia. He didn't.

We could have attacked. We did.

chcr

Too cute for words
Nobody said he wasn't a truculent jackass. I just thought we might have been a bit more temperate in our attitude and actions. Shit or get off the pot is what you say to someone driving fifty in the fast lane. I realize he tried to block the UN on more than one occasion. Point is, the inspectors,on the spot suggested patience. I realize it's not a typically American trait, I don't have much myself. When it comes to an invasion, though...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The inspectors found nothing. David Keys found evidence of ongoing work. :shrug:

Shit or get off the pot does apply after 12 years.

A.B.Normal

Gonz said:
& saddam feeding al qieda,

If we are to believe the source in your other thread ,but they "knew" none of this prior to going into Iraq ,so your left with a situation that was static and confined by sanctions for 12yrs,hardly something that should have envoked invasion.In fact Bush has since stated publically that there were no links between Iraq and Al Quaeda.

A.B.Normal

Gonz said:
The inspectors found nothing. David Keys found evidence of ongoing work. :shrug:

Shit or get off the pot does apply after 12 years.

The US had always said "they" (being the US) knew where the WMD were and that the Inspectors simply weren't being allowed access.With the Invasion the US has had unfettered access and still haven't been able to come up with these items.If you care to argue he had ten years to hide them in a vast country ,then the US obviously did NOT know anything about the whereabouts of said WMD prior to the invasion,so they invaded on a hunch:rolleyes:.

catocom

A.B.Normal said:
but they "knew" none of this prior to going into Iraq ,so your left with a situation that was static and confined by sanctions for 12yrs,hardly something that should have envoked invasion.In fact Bush has since stated publically that there were no links between Iraq and Al Quaeda.

"We" don't know What the knew, or know now.
And 12 years of sanctions didn't mean a whole lot apparently, with
France , N Korea, and others... side stepping it all the way.

I musta missed the part where bush said there were no ties with Al Qaeda. :confused:

chcr

Too cute for words
catocom said:
"We" don't know What the knew, or know now.
And 12 years of sanctions didn't mean a whole lot apparently, with
France , N Korea, and others... side stepping it all the way.

I musta missed the part where bush said there were no ties with Al Qaeda. :confused:

I hear this one at work all the time, that we don't know what they know. Bush needs to justify this action to the public before elections. If they had real evidence, they'd be shouting it from the rooftops. And why is it that no one seems to remember that muslim fundamentalists hate Saddam?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If they had real evidence, they'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

That is purely political. We went, we saw, we kicked ass. What is verifiable is irrelevent to the operation. What is relevent is an upcoming election year. My money is on finding all kinds of neat stuff in time to put a major dent in the DNC, pre-election (summer or early fall)

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
That is purely political. We went, we saw, we kicked ass. What is verifiable is irrelevent to the operation. What is relevent is an upcoming election year. My money is on finding all kinds of neat stuff in time to put a major dent in the DNC, pre-election (summer or early fall)

Whatever :rolleyes: