US Census is Getting Personal

MrBishop

They should just go to Facebook like everyone else... lord knows people give out more information to complete strangers and 'friends' than they do to their own census.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They should just go to Facebook like everyone else... lord knows people give out more information to complete strangers and 'friends' than they do to their own census.

Article 1 said:
Section 2
Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.

It's not there to count number of Toyotas you own or your income. There is one reason to have a census. To tally the number of Representatives sent to the US Congress. Every question above & beyond that is prying.

Gotholic

where's my aluminum deflector beanie?

I know, right? Just because the U.S. used the census to round up the Japanese during WWII does not mean something similar could ever happen again.

It is not like history ever repeats itself.

2minkey

bootlicker
really, there's such a thing as history repeating itself? golly, i'd never imagined...

so perhaps we should eliminate any record of anything, because it could be used for evil.

and technology... shit...

obviously we should all smash our telephones because they could be tapped.

i better get off this internet thing. people have used it for bad things.

better yet, let's completely eliminate free will. because somebody has to choose to use [X] in a bad way. choice is the real enemy.

Winky

US Census is up your butt.

Are you now or have you ever been a member
of the Republican party?

catocom

They already have all that info on my household, as we where on certain
public assistance at one time, and nothing has changed.

So, no prob here personally.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
If you choose to give it, fine.

However, it is not the place of the government to ask such questions.

catocom

if it's no more than those questions, I imagine there will be some lieing going on anyway....
just like some do with the social services.

Name, rank, and ser #, for each person living there.
That is really all that is needed.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The only thing that is NEEDED is how many people live at your address.

The purpose of the census is to determine teh number of House members you get.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Why should your government be able to personally identify you on a census?

catocom

point one...to make sure you are the only one using that number.
point two I can think of right off is...to make sure to have a number.

I could probably come up with a few more, if your really that interested.