US Census is Getting Personal

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
point one...to make sure you are the only one using that number.
point two I can think of right off is...to make sure to have a number.

I could probably come up with a few more, if your really that interested.

I am. Since the only information they need is the number of people in a house, to determine how many Representatives your district needs, it's irrelvant what their name is, what sex they are or anything else.

If I say 3, they don't need to know my name or my wifes name or my kids name 7 tehy damn sure don't need to give me a number to answer the questions.

catocom

the main problem I've got with the census, is the problem I have with most of the
government ideas, even some I agree with in theory....
Who's doing it...
Is the contract being bid on?
and who will get to use the info, and for what.

I just don't trust um...
I mean they got ACORN in on this junk!:banghead:

catocom

I am. Since the only information they need is the number of people in a house, to determine how many Representatives your district needs, it's irrelvant what their name is, what sex they are or anything else.

If I say 3, they don't need to know my name or my wifes name or my kids name 7 tehy damn sure don't need to give me a number to answer the questions.

I'm just talking about your SS number.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
the main problem I've got with the census, is the problem I have with most of the
government ideas, even some I agree with in theory....
Who's doing it...
Is the contract being bid on?
and who will get to use the info, and for what.

I just don't trust um...
I mean they got ACORN in on this junk!:banghead:

Cat, this is all it's for.

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct.

Everything else is prying & none of their damn business.

catocom

Cat, this is all it's for.

Everything else is prying & none of their damn business.
so they say, and
I can understand the feeling on that last part.
The first time I had to give that info, and more...I didn't like it worth a crap.
In my situation at that time though, the alternative wasn't a viable option for me.

Alright, I have 3 people in my house & here's our official government number. Never mind the 6 people I have, sans numbers, in the basement.
like I said a few post back...there's sure to be some deception in the count for sure.
Unless they got really intrusive, and that won't happen without a fight.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
There's no reason for deception if all they ask for is a number. When they want more info is when decption is called for.

Gotholic

really, there's such a thing as history repeating itself? golly, i'd never imagined...

so perhaps we should eliminate any record of anything, because it could be used for evil.

and technology... shit...

obviously we should all smash our telephones because they could be tapped.

i better get off this internet thing. people have used it for bad things.

better yet, let's completely eliminate free will. because somebody has to choose to use [X] in a bad way. choice is the real enemy.

That is too far! You sound like an extremist! You extremist person you.

Actually, not giving the government more than necessary sounds better than that.

Winky

Hey if they have the right to fine you into the poorhouse if you won’t buy health insurance,
I’m sure they can send yer arse off to the Gulag for not filling out the census!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Got mine today.

They get 3

They don't get our name, our phone number, our birthdates, our race.

Hell, quit asking all that crap & we could save billions.

Gotholic

Got mine today.

They get 3

They don't get our name, our phone number, our birthdates, our race.

Hell, quit asking all that crap & we could save billions.

Only how many people live in your residence is constitutional.

By the way, I wonder when they will start the GPS coordinates of every house?

Winky

yup the form came in the mail today
I'm filing it out now, I suggest you do too
or else they will send a person that couldn't get a job as
a letter carrier around who's getting paid 25 bucks an hour
to hound you to death

Winky

lemme know how that werks out fer ya
I'm tellin' ya they will pay the sub-standard hoomans
to chase after you for the next ten years

MrBishop

There's a little profession called surveying.

Hell... you been to Google-maps recently? Your house is already localized and GPS located. Hell, punch in someone's address into your in-car GPS device.. you can even buy the gps tracker maps even if you don't own an actual GPS.

Mirlyn

Hell... you been to Google-maps recently? Your house is already localized and GPS located. Hell, punch in someone's address into your in-car GPS device.. you can even buy the gps tracker maps even if you don't own an actual GPS>

You can do the same from most smartphones now too.