US Census is Getting Personal

Winky

cub_scout.JPG

Mirlyn

Or, if you are to be put on a tax form...infants & older must have them to become deductions)

No they don't. You can get taxpayer IDs (ITIN--used internally by the IRS) for that without having to get SSNs.

Although, I'm not sure if some banks will take ITINs to open savings accounts and such for minors...ours didn't.

Winky

US Census is a stupid and silly throwback.

When I was (92-99) the President, CEO and owner of a chapter C corporation
for all intents and legal purposes, this entity was live and could do real neat
(tax evasion) stuff, it had an EIN number no social security number.

The Social Security number is the number given to prisoners (i.e. that is you)
of the tax system.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No they don't. You can get taxpayer IDs (ITIN--used internally by the IRS) for that without having to get SSNs.

Although, I'm not sure if some banks will take ITINs to open savings accounts and such for minors...ours didn't.

The site says that number can only be used for internal IRS crap.

I'd like to see the reaction you'd get if you chose not to enumerate your deduction with a lifelong brand & just asked for a temporary stamp. I bet the audits go up.

valkyrie

I understand the reason behind a census (required for determining proper representation), however there is some information that is not necessary for the purpose in which it was originally intended.

The video was annoying because he kept using the words "no answer" listing each of his questions.

By the way, you do not have to give the Census taker any information at all if they come to your door. You do not have to open the door at all, to my knowledge. They do not have the authority to force that, not to obtain any of the information other than number in household. So, really... I'm not sure why this guy is so upset. If it's not required by law then why is he so angry?????????????????

Mirlyn

The site says that number can only be used for internal IRS crap.

I'd like to see the reaction you'd get if you chose not to enumerate your deduction with a lifelong brand & just asked for a temporary stamp. I bet the audits go up.

Correct. Its only for internal IRS use. That's why I said not everyone has a SSN. You only need it if you are required to participate (read: pay) into the SS program (ie, become an employee).

We used ITINs for two years, and I've owned a S-corp. I'll let you know when I get audited.

Winky

I correctly filled out and immediately returned the census form.
Yesterday I received the same form again and of course I filled
it out the same way and mailed it today. The saga continues, your
tax dollars at work.

“Are you a beanner”?

Winky

I am SO looking forward to it.
Fact is I never answer my door so I'll most likely
be cheated out of my chance to be subjected to
my very own personal government intrusion.
The questionnaire does require a contact phone number
and I listed the wife’s cel She'll get em good!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Re: After the audit

When you get internet access in the federal prison?

I am willing to be the first American to go to jail for telling them what they NEED to know, and nothing more.

I wonder, will my cell mate be in for not buying insurance?

intrusion.
The questionnaire does require a contact phone number

555-1212