US Dating scene...

dan

Jerrek said:
I guess there are a few types of guys out there too. Some will get to know a girl and one hour later ask her on a date (lunch, dinner, movie, etc).

i can hardly imagine that happening...

it just.... just wouldn't....

dinner and a movie is quite a serious thing...

i guess it'd be seen as somewhat, i don't know, desperate or something... it'd be weird and scary and almost certainly the offer wouldn't be taken up because it was just weird...

i'd say it's probably quite abnormal to get the number of someone you've met at a nightclub or whatever if you haven't kissed them first... only if there's good reason for not having done it already would you try, and in that case you'd never propose a one-on-one date, at most a "i'm gonna be here with my friends, if you and your friends are there then that'd be cool"

Jeslek

Banned
nambit said:
Jerrek said:
I guess there are a few types of guys out there too. Some will get to know a girl and one hour later ask her on a date (lunch, dinner, movie, etc).

i can hardly imagine that happening...

it just.... just wouldn't....
Well, some of my friends do that. Why? Read on...

dinner and a movie is quite a serious thing...
Dinner and a movie is not at all that serious here. It is part of getting to know the person I think. A lot of my friends who picked up a girl they hardly know "break up" after one or two such dates. Break up is too strong... Both parties merely realizes they aren't for each other. They keep on being friends though.

i guess it'd be seen as somewhat, i don't know, desperate or something... it'd be weird and scary and almost certainly the offer wouldn't be taken up because it was just weird...
Well, I don't consider it desperate at all. Just very, very bold and brave. I have done it only once and that was because I wanted to see how it goes. You must ooze charisma though... lol. I didn't get turned down, but after one night we just became friends. Its rather exciting doing that though. I must say, it does have a certain enticement.

Scanty said:
Yeah, me too. That's why I love arguing with you, Jerrek. :kiss:
So are you up for some wrestling? I love wrestling with gals, especially if they can hurt me in the process. Makes it more challenging... Of course more than one girl and some duct tape or rope or other weird thingies make things more interesting too. ;) :kiss:

unclehobart

...michele, naan will heal all... you just have to believe in the divinity of the naan ... in the name of the flour, the yeast, and the holy baker...

Jeslek

Banned
hm? I wasn't aware I needed healing of sorts...

Now you limeys, do girls ever ask guys out over there, or do guys have to do the asking?

Personally, hmm, only one girl asked me out on a serious date I guess. I think that it is becoming more and more common, but I personally prefer to do the asking. :)

unclehobart

img0110xl.jpg

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Jerrek said:
The first few times she might not even offer to kiss you or you might not feel it appropiate. After a few dates, the kissing starts and so on.

ummmmmmmmm, I don't know what kind of people YOU hang out with but that sounds about the pace we moved back at the beginning of highschool.

With me (and my friends) if a kiss hasn't happened by the end of the first date we just assume that nothing is to come of it usually. Quite honestlly, more than that usually ends up happening if both parties are involved. All of my females friends and I are game for more than kissing on a first date. Anything except sex is usually fair game if you like the guy and there is an unspoken understanding that it is NOT a one night thing.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Scanty said:
I have to say, i'd like the whole getting to know you getting to know all about you getting to like you getting to hope you like me haven't you noticed suddenly I'm bright and breezy because of all the beautiful and new things I'm learning about you day by day.......thing.

It would be nice.

Sacnty, you have NO idea!!! It is SO amazing!!! I am currently in the midst of the most intense such interactions I have ever experienced. It can consume your whole being *melts*

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
A date for me consisted of the dinner movie thing. Yes, you had to call the girl to arrange the date, even if you had asked her to "go out", you call her later to confirm the details. Then you must pick the girl up in your car, no meeting them there. Dinner and a Movie isn't really considered a serious date here, in fact I would say it is the most common of the first dates in the US. It's a great way to get to know someone without making any kind of commitment.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Prof, do you mean so much happening on the first date?

Well, I guess not everyone does that. One of my good friends is still in her highschool relastionship and the other is kinda skanky.

I let more than a kiss happen on the first date but we had already hung out at a bar with mutual friends 9the night we met) and talked all night before that and also talked a lot online.

Now that I think of it not all circumstances would call for a kiss or no promise of a relationship. I am just too caught up in this intense attraction i am part of I guess. Sorry.