US Dating scene...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Nah, I am just a very impatient person. If there is something i really want I want it now. ESPECIALLY if I want it again later :)

AlladinSane

I guess it depends on your age. I actually am a fan of the 'dating' thing. Dinner is the best. It's the best way to know a person. I wouldn't be upset if a kiss don't come out in the first meeting. I measure the success by how she reacts when I ask about the next meeting. Every situation is a peculiar case. With the only girl I ever loved for real, we actually had sex on the first date(I knew her before though). :)

greenfreak

nambit said:
i'd say it's probably quite abnormal to get the number of someone you've met at a nightclub or whatever if you haven't kissed them first... only if there's good reason for not having done it already would you try, and in that case you'd never propose a one-on-one date, at most a "i'm gonna be here with my friends, if you and your friends are there then that'd be cool"

:laugh: That's funny that giving your number to someone is more intimate than kissing them. With myself and my circle of friends, it was just the opposite.

scanty said:
Yeah, me too. That's why I love arguing with you, Jerrek

:rofl:

nixy said:
With me (and my friends) if a kiss hasn't happened by the end of the first date we just assume that nothing is to come of it usually. Quite honestlly, more than that usually ends up happening if both parties are involved. All of my females friends and I are game for more than kissing on a first date.

Call me old fashioned, but if a guy expected more than kissing on the first date, he was probably assuming his date was an easy lay. If you gave it to them (especially if you have sex), chances are that you just had a one night stand. So many guys go out on dates for one reason and by not giving them too much too soon, you get to figure out after the date what he was after. If you don't hear from him again, oh well. Then again, if you want to do that sort of thing (have sex on the first date) then you probably were labeled as easy and there wasn't a problem unless that label bothered you. Lord knows the easy girls had lots of dates. They never saw the guys again of course but some of them wore that badge with honor. :shrug:

Scanty

greenie said:
That's funny that giving your number to someone is more intimate than kissing them.

yeah, I think it's really bizarre as well. It's a very brit thing I guess. You go to a party, you get off with someone, then anything to do with meeting them again happens after that. It's messed up. I wish it was more like your way, frankly. :)

unclehobart

Its should be Indian style. Your parents negotiate and pawn you off at the age of 4. 'It is settled then... your 4th son will marry our third daughter in exchange for a small textile mill.'

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
unclehobart said:
Its should be Indian style. Your parents negotiate and pawn you off at the age of 4. 'It is settled then... your 4th son will marry our third daughter in exchange for a small textile mill.'

Too expensive. I suggest a lottery that has no refunds, exchanges, or substitutions. :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
AlladinSane said:
we actually had sex on the first date(I knew her before though). :)

Are you guys talking about blind dates in general then? OH MY :blush: I would probably be reluctant to even kiss on a first date if I didn't know the person.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
greenfreak said:
Call me old fashioned, but if a guy expected more than kissing on the first date, he was probably assuming his date was an easy lay. If you gave it to them (especially if you have sex), chances are that you just had a one night stand. So many guys go out on dates for one reason and by not giving them too much too soon, you get to figure out after the date what he was after. If you don't hear from him again, oh well. Then again, if you want to do that sort of thing (have sex on the first date) then you probably were labeled as easy and there wasn't a problem unless that label bothered you. Lord knows the easy girls had lots of dates. They never saw the guys again of course but some of them wore that badge with honor. :shrug:

*Nixy walks away feeling like a slut* :mope:

AlladinSane

Nixy said:
Are you guys talking about blind dates in general then? OH MY :blush: I would probably be reluctant to even kiss on a first date if I didn't know the person.
It wasn't a blind date. Like I said, we have talked before. It's just that the first time we went out, only ourselves, it went that far. Of course I was a little scared by the 'easy' stereotype. But that didn't prevent me from knowing her better and finding the great person she was...

greenfreak

Nixy said:
*Nixy walks away feeling like a slut* :mope:

I hoped you wouldn't take that as an insult, I was just telling it like it is. Or was. When I dated. You have to understand though that I've been out of the dating scene for at least four years and probably two more on top of that when I didn't go out with anyone. Things have probably changed in 6 years, and we are talking about different generations. :shrug:

greenfreak

Scanty said:
greenie said:
That's funny that giving your number to someone is more intimate than kissing them.

yeah, I think it's really bizarre as well. It's a very brit thing I guess. You go to a party, you get off with someone, then anything to do with meeting them again happens after that. It's messed up. I wish it was more like your way, frankly. :)

Well, if you think about it, giving your number to someone (if it is *really* your number and not something you made up) has dangers in itself. If you get someone who's desperate or just doesn't get it, you could wind up with lotsa phone calls on your machine.

That's one of the reasons I had "Spiderwebs" by No Doubt playing on my answering machine message for a while. :D

Jeslek

Banned
Nixy said:
ummmmmmmmm, I don't know what kind of people YOU hang out with but that sounds about the pace we moved back at the beginning of highschool.

With me (and my friends) if a kiss hasn't happened by the end of the first date we just assume that nothing is to come of it usually. Quite honestlly, more than that usually ends up happening if both parties are involved. All of my females friends and I are game for more than kissing on a first date. Anything except sex is usually fair game if you like the guy and there is an unspoken understanding that it is NOT a one night thing.
Read. I take it slow. And I don't fuck around ok?

Jeslek

Banned
greenfreak said:
Call me old fashioned, but if a guy expected more than kissing on the first date, he was probably assuming his date was an easy lay. If you gave it to them (especially if you have sex), chances are that you just had a one night stand. So many guys go out on dates for one reason and by not giving them too much too soon, you get to figure out after the date what he was after. If you don't hear from him again, oh well. Then again, if you want to do that sort of thing (have sex on the first date) then you probably were labeled as easy and there wasn't a problem unless that label bothered you. Lord knows the easy girls had lots of dates. They never saw the guys again of course but some of them wore that badge with honor.
I agree with you here :) I would feel bad if more than a kiss happened on the first date. Probably guilty of taking advantage or something.

dan

I'm a great believer in equality of the sexes, and there's something I've come to realise... girls like sex just as much as guys do!

I know... it's a dirty little secret... but just look at "position of the month" in just 17 (or whatever it's in) or the ever-expanding ann summers empire...

So is there anything wrong with consensual, no pretenses sex? i mean, surely girls would rather be making whoppee with a cute guy than sleeping with thier vibrator, just as a guy would prefer someone other than mistress palm and her five daughters singing him to sleep...

There's this whole cultural thing about guys being the ones who want sex and girls being the ones who give it... but if a woman says she doesn't like sex, i'd say that's because she's not found anyone who's any good at it!

I'm not gonna pretend that I'm some sort of stud who hops into a different bed every night, because that's blatently not true... but what's the big deal about meeting someone at a party or something and then getting jiggy the same night? That's happened a few times and it's been more fun than playing scrabble...