US Dating scene...

greenfreak

Hey Scanty, I wasn't sure if you were kidding, the :D threw me off, but the "Spiderwebs by No Doubt" in my post is a link to the lyrics.

As to the question about whether women like sex as much as men do, of course! But we may not *need* sex as often as you do. :)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
nambit said:
I'm not gonna pretend that I'm some sort of stud who hops into a different bed every night, because that's blatently not true... but what's the big deal about meeting someone at a party or something and then getting jiggy the same night? That's happened a few times and it's been more fun than playing scrabble...

I don't see anything wrong with others doing that. I don't know if I personally would have sex on a first date but i don't mind other things as I said. It all depends on who the date is as well I guess.

As for girls liking sex as much as guys I don't entirly agree.
There are times I am pretty sure we like it more!!!!:D

Jeslek

Banned
nambit said:
I'm a great believer in equality of the sexes, and there's something I've come to realise... girls like sex just as much as guys do!

I know... it's a dirty little secret... but just look at "position of the month" in just 17 (or whatever it's in) or the ever-expanding ann summers empire...

So is there anything wrong with consensual, no pretenses sex? i mean, surely girls would rather be making whoppee with a cute guy than sleeping with thier vibrator, just as a guy would prefer someone other than mistress palm and her five daughters singing him to sleep...

There's this whole cultural thing about guys being the ones who want sex and girls being the ones who give it... but if a woman says she doesn't like sex, i'd say that's because she's not found anyone who's any good at it!

I'm not gonna pretend that I'm some sort of stud who hops into a different bed every night, because that's blatently not true... but what's the big deal about meeting someone at a party or something and then getting jiggy the same night? That's happened a few times and it's been more fun than playing scrabble...
*shrug* sleep around if you want, I don't care. I prefer not to though. I personally prefer to keep sex as something special. :)

Scanty

must you keep using the phrase 'sleeping around' in a tone that makes it sound so negative, Jerrek? And anyway, they could have been special to him, for all you know.

dan

Jerrek said:
*shrug* sleep around if you want, I don't care. I prefer not to though. I personally prefer to keep sex as something special. :)

dude, it should *always* be special!

putting aside a couple of times when i've been a bit too drunk, *every* time i've had sex it's been a wonderful, special experience where two people share themselves fully with each other.

you seem to be focussing on the one night stand or short term relationships, and that's not where i'm coming from at all. just because something starts quickly doesn't mean it has to end quickly as well.

There have been occasions where i've had one night stands... but that's been almost exclusively where both of us knew that there was no way a relationship could happen (for whatever reason), and that night was the only chance we had to enjoy the time we did have together...

i wouldn't go and have sex with any random stranger. there has to be that.... *something*... which is going to make it a great experiance for both of us. it's not a tawdry, base thing. it should be about two people coming together and being happy

Jeslek

Banned
Scanty said:
must you keep using the phrase 'sleeping around' in a tone that makes it sound so negative, Jerrek? And anyway, they could have been special to him, for all you know.
Of course I mean it in a negative way. If it was positive I would do it myself huh? If others do it, well, good for them. If they don't do that, well good for them too. I don't care, I'm simply stating what I prefer.

Jeslek

Banned
nambit said:
Jerrek said:

dude, it should *always* be special!

putting aside a couple of times when i've been a bit too drunk, *every* time i've had sex it's been a wonderful, special experience where two people share themselves fully with each other.

you seem to be focussing on the one night stand or short term relationships, and that's not where i'm coming from at all. just because something starts quickly doesn't mean it has to end quickly as well.

There have been occasions where i've had one night stands... but that's been almost exclusively where both of us knew that there was no way a relationship could happen (for whatever reason), and that night was the only chance we had to enjoy the time we did have together...

i wouldn't go and have sex with any random stranger. there has to be that.... *something*... which is going to make it a great experiance for both of us. it's not a tawdry, base thing. it should be about two people coming together and being happy
Well, good for you... However, doing something like that with lots of girls, in my opinion, makes that "special" thing go away. You may say it is still special, but it will not be as special as it could have been with only one girl for life. Lots of my friends sleep around, lots don't. I just so happen to be among those that don't, and I tend to prefer girls that aren't easy to get to.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Altron said:
greenfreak said:
But the first 'date' was usually alone, for a meal or a movie.

Going to a movie with a girl is considered a "date"?

OMG I have been on a date

:eek: :eek: :eek:

It CAN be a date but it is not ALWAYS a date. You can go as friends or you can go on a date. :)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Jerrek said:
Well, good for you... However, doing something like that with lots of girls, in my opinion, makes that "special" thing go away. You may say it is still special, but it will not be as special as it could have been with only one girl for life. Lots of my friends sleep around, lots don't. I just so happen to be among those that don't, and I tend to prefer girls that aren't easy to get to

Well, from experience I can say that just because someone isn't your FIRST doesn't mean that stuff you do with them in any less special. In fact, it CAN be more special.

Altron

Nixy said:
Altron said:
greenfreak said:

It CAN be a date but it is not ALWAYS a date. You can go as friends or you can go on a date. :)

That's a relief...
It wasn't a date :)

Altron

Nixy said:
Altron said:
Nixy said:
Altron said:
greenfreak said:

That's a relief...
It wasn't a date :)

:)

What happens when you make too many quotes ^

Ardsgaine

Nixy said:
Well, from experience I can say that just because someone isn't your FIRST doesn't mean that stuff you do with them in any less special. In fact, it CAN be more special.

The special one isn't your first, she's your last.

Scanty

Jerrek said:
Scanty said:
Of course I mean it in a negative way. If it was positive I would do it myself huh? If others do it, well, good for them. If they don't do that, well good for them too. I don't care, I'm simply stating what I prefer.

You're not stating what you prefer because you're directing your negative comment at someone else. What applies to you, because of your morals, might not apply to them so don't tell others that they 'sleep around'. And don't think that just because 'specialness' would be diminished for you that it would be for others.

greenfreak

Ardsgaine said:
The special one isn't your first, she's your last.

scanty said:
What applies to you, because of your morals, might not apply to them so don't tell others that they 'sleep around'. And don't think that just because 'specialness' would be diminished for you that it would be for others.

:thumbup::thumbup: