Warning!! Extreme cold warnings in Montreal

Camelyn

Well, it's -29 outside. (-39 with windchill)

I just couldn't bring myself to deal with another cold day. Getting the kids bundled up, Struggling for 5 minutes while the kids freeze to get the car started (IF it would start this morning), driving one to daycare, then the other to school, then sitting in traffic for and hour and a half to get to my work which is actually just 20 or so minutes from home, and all this done while my extremities try to freeze solid. Repeat in reverse order after work in the evening.

I couldn't do it, I called in sick. :(

Camelyn

Leslie said:
It's a "cold day" today...no school :errrr:

High of -23, windchill -40 :(

Huh, that's a first. I have fond memories of "snow days" when I was a kid, though as a mom, I can now appreciate how much of a bitch they must have been for my parents.
There was one in particular, in high school, on the day of a history final, which I hadn't studied for. :D

Uki Chick

Leslie said:
I just went outside *peepwall*

yikes it's COLD!!! :eek13:

Is it ever cold. I just went out to fill up the windshield washer fluid and just clean the back lights of my car so people can see me on the road. I thought my face was gonna fall off. The wind was burning!

Uki Chick

unclehobart said:
I hope your summers are spectacular enough to compensate for such a vile wintertime.

Depends on the summer. This past summer sucked big time. Rain, cold temperature. We have a pool at home and I think we used it 4 times. We better get compesated by mother nature for what we're dealing with now.

MrBishop

You know that it's cold outside when...

Spirit takes temperature on Mars
From correspondents in Washington
January 10, 2004
THE six-wheeled Spirit rover has taken Mars's temperature for the first time as it readies for its first roll across the red planet next weekend, NASA said today.

During daytime, martian rocks were colder than objects made up of fine particles, said Phil Christensen, the scientist tasked with the temperature readings. "On the ground, the warmest temperature is around five degrees Celsius and the coldest is -15 degrees Celsius," he said.
...it's 30 degress WARMER on the face of Mars than it is in your own back yard!!!

source

Ms Ann Thrope

you don't mean the Sun, do you? :confused:

Mars
Distance from Sun (mean) 227.9 million km (141.6 million mi., 1.52 AU)
Distance from Sun (min.) 206.7 million km (128.5 million mi, 1.38 AU)
Distance from Sun (max.) 249.1 million km (154.8 million mi, 1.66 AU)

Earth
---Mean 149.6 million km (93.0 million miles, 1.00 AU)
---Min. 147.0 million km (91.4 million miles, 0.98 AU)
---Max. 152.2 million km (94.6 million miles, 1.02 AU)

AlphaTroll

Spirit takes temperature on Mars

Spirit went to Mars? Sheesh, no wonder she hasn't been around much........hope she brings back some decent pics of Marsian men......I hear they're pretty hot.

MrBishop

AlphaTroll said:
Spirit went to Mars? Sheesh, no wonder she hasn't been around much........hope she brings back some decent pics of Marsian men......I hear they're pretty hot.

S'about time the kissy-goddess met the red god :)

AlphaTroll

You telling me she went all the way up there to take pics of Squiggy? Damn.....you suppose he'd turn into a prince if she kisses him enough?

AlphaTroll

Ye mean he's a god of war, red planet & prince charming.......and he still has time to play around here? Sheesh, no wonder he has to type with his penis! :eek: