Well, we've seen book clubs

Scanty

I think we're gonna go barmy with this.

I suggest we agree on a GENRE first, then take the random film suggestions from there.

I vote cop action movie. (Just because The Recruit is winging its way to me right now, so I won't have to do much).

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Count me in.

I think "the insider" might be a good movie to start with.

tonksy

The Recruit
The Insider

And I'll throw Crank in for good measure (plus I am curious about this sex scene I keep hearing about)....

Luis G

Staff member
Since prof started this thread, he might as well make a list of all of us involved and he chooses the order in which members get their turn to pick a movie.

Professur

Since prof started this thread, he might as well make a list of all of us involved and he chooses the order in which members get their turn to pick a movie.

WTF??? I proposed it as an idea. I never said I wanted to be part of it.

Scanty

I vote Tonks, seeing as she has mustered enthusiasm for the job. :D Bravo.

And how about this for a scheme. Tonks comes up with a number of movie suggestions (which I'm sure can be influenced on the sly by bribes, naughty PMs and the like) and then we have a poll to decide on which one.

Or just........ignore me.

tonksy

So do I have this or not? I don't care either way but someone has to organize it and I don't want to step on toes.

tonksy

I vote Tonks, seeing as she has mustered enthusiasm for the job. :D Bravo.

And how about this for a scheme. Tonks comes up with a number of movie suggestions (which I'm sure can be influenced on the sly by bribes, naughty PMs and the like) and then we have a poll to decide on which one.

Or just........ignore me.

I like that. How about a choice of 5? With a different genre each time? Should we pick the genres beforhand or just as it comes up?

Scanty

Well let me see........ there's not too many genre's, we could just have a few rotating.

Action
Comedy
Rom Com
War
Drama
Political
Family
Animation
and Ghostbusters.

Luis G

Staff member
I think it should be the person's choice and just that, to keep things simple. Since prof don't want to do it, then substitute prof by tonks in my previous post :D

Scanty

OR.... we just take it in turns to choose a film. A different person each week.

That is simpler, but then you might get grief if you choose something shit.

tonksy

Hmmm....how about I choose a person and they get to choose a genre and submit one of the movies to be voted on? And if we opt to keep the voting off of public record, votes can be submitted to me via PM?
How 'bout that?

Scanty

I KNOW. How about we divide every film in the world into categories and genres, then divide those genres into sub-genres, and set up a general meeting every week to nominate genres to be subsequently voted on, upon which doing the votes are displayed anonymously and an elected chairperson selects the film of the week, which must be unanimously agreed upon by the rest of the board?

Luis G

Staff member
OR.... we just take it in turns to choose a film. A different person each week.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to mean. Of course, in order to take turns we need to say who goes first, second, etc.

Dave

new releases generally come out on Tuesdays. we could choose one of those one week and an older movie the next. sales circulars for Wal Mart, Best Buy, etc show new releases and older titles that are on sale that week. we could just cull movies from that.
just a suggestion to start.