What are you going to be/do for halloween?

AlladinSane

Luis G said:
i won't do anything in halloween, i will wait for the big party of "dia de los muertos" (day of the dead) on november 2.
O 'Dia de Finados' occurs the same day here(Nov, 2), but it's a day of mourn, not party.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
do you get this as well?

"pan de muertos" (Bread of the dead??)

Attachment(s):

pandemuerto.jpg, 60.45kb

88_1035649291.jpg

unclehobart

I consider all of the bagels down here in the south to be 'dead bread'. New York ruined me after a I had a few REAL bagels. *grumbling* thanks new york...

Ardsgaine

Luis G said:

Reminds me of a scene from Quick Change. An old hispanic woman dressed in black with a basket full of flowers is standing on a street corner in the dead of night shouting in a sad, plaintive voice:

"Flores por los muertos! Flores por los muertos!"

Pretty creepy.

Funny movie though. Randy Quaid is a lunatic.

Yet, I digress... What's the significance of the bread?

Ardsgaine

whoreable said:
love the part where those 2 guys joust on bikes.

:D :D Yeah, that was great! It set up the best line in the movie:

Loomis, panicking: "It's bad luck just to SEE a thing like that!"

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
"dia de muertos" is a old tradition, it says basically the deads come to your house, you give them bread, wine, books, cds, or whatever they liked when they were alive. Also candles and a photograph of the person in question should be placed in the altar.

There should be a road made of tzempatzuchitls flowers, so they know the way from the cementery to your house and back to the cementery again.

There are too many details in this "dia de muertos" thing, i don't know them all, but it seems to be an international attraction, because Tzintzuntzan is full of tourists in those days.

AlladinSane

Luis G said:
do you get this as well?

Nope. People that cares take flowes to the graves and don't party or be happy in that day. Personally I don't give a damn about it. Just another holiday...

Professur

Whal, it's official. The missus is the flying nun, and I'm giving out candy as a head nurse, in a costume that barely covers my briefs.

HomeLAN

I cross-dressed in a short skirt one year, Prof. One word of advice - don;t bend over in front of the vicar.

freako104

:sick: :puke: NEVER SAY THAT AGAIN AND EVEN MORE NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! must think of lesbians to cleanse mind. lesbos. well no costume that i wanted so ill just be painting my face and going to school.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I'll be taking out the rugrats, dishing out the candy when we return home. Yay.

then I'll be having a HUGE binge :lol:
I bought double what we'll need, and the leftovers are mine! :D

Attachment(s):

pic_6819.jpg, 66.31kb

7_1035990125.jpg