what do women want?

freako104

Ardsgaine said:
Is that some sort of sexist joke?
no the question itself was too general.
unclehobart said:
mine own standards are way too high .. the girl has to like me .. an impossibility.

you have more of a chance than me unc

Vortex said:
Um... well if I had to answer on behalf on myself... I dunno what I want! (no wonder I'm single! )

no thats cause us guys are intimidated by your beauty
Ardsgaine said:
Physically, most guys can give you exact specifications on their ideal woman: height, weight, breast size, eye color, hair color, etc... When it comes to qualities of personality and character, they're usually a little more vague. Actually, not so much vague as contradictory. They want some combination of June Cleaver, Mother Teresa, Barbie and Tracie Lords...

i must be the only guy who wants a smart independent faithful loyal gf or wife who doesnt need to be any of those things.

AlladinSane

Ardsgaine said:
Physically, most guys can give you exact specifications on their ideal woman: height, weight, breast size, eye color, hair color, etc... When it comes to qualities of personality and character, they're usually a little more vague. Actually, not so much vague as contradictory.
Well I actually can say what I want. I want her to be independent, feminine, good at heart, and able to keep interesting conversation. In fact I found I girl that actually was looking for. Guess what? I hate my life :(

freako104

yup noone said anything about it. they dont have to be. yes personal experiences are what we live by but remember they can change.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Damn MSN and it's lack of history!!! I sent my "perfect man" list to a friend of mine awhiel back. Now I need to think of it again.

I want someone who:

-is sensitive
-loves me for me
-is not afraid to tell me how he feels
-is huggable
-is honest
-has abitions and goals

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Bad news, guys...

Gentlemen, be afraid. The end is nigh.

After extensive research in the field of relationships, I have come to the conclusion that we, the male sex, are on our way out.

Several months ago, a friend of mine was confiding to me that he was frightened of lesbianism. I was puzzled by this remark, as he is a reasonably open-minded person and, as far as I knew, had no prejudice against homosexuals. When I asked, he said what frightened him was not the fact that lesbianism existed, but that women would, sooner or later, "figure it out."

In short, he was scared that women would realize they could do without us.

Needless to say, I laughed this off as ridiculous. Surely, I thought, there are reasons women need us. For example, our ability to ... to ... hmm.

So I asked all of my female friends why they had boyfriends, figuring that they would be able to shed light on the topic better than I. After all, they're the ones dating men. They must know why.

Here are some of the responses: "They're warm." "I need someone to open jars and stuff." "How else am I going to get things high on shelves?" "My hands get cold." "This way, I can walk around at night." "He loves me unconditionally." "Heat."

All of which seemed like reasonable answers, until I thought about it. The more I thought, the more scared I became. Was my entire gender really replaceable with fairly simple technology? To hell with taking back our role as head of household, we men were going to have to fight just to stay useful.

In a cold sweat, I called one of the survey subjects and asked her if, given a rubber device to grip jar lids, a stepstool, a firearm and space heater, she could dump her boyfriend.

She thought for a moment and then said no. I breathed a hefty sigh of relief.

She said she liked the affection. And back rubs. My blood ran cold again.

Voice trembling, I asked her, "What if I added a dog and one of those neck massage machine things?"

"Oh," she said. "Yeah, then I really wouldn't need him."

There is no way of describing the horror I felt.

Since that conversation, I've thought about it constantly, with each thought more terrifying than the last. All the questions have answers. There appears to be no reason for women to like or need us.

Companionship? Pets or other women work just as well. Reproduction? There's enough sperm in sperm banks for the rest of time, and to be honest, much of it probably will lead to better offspring than most of us. And, even if there were no sperm reserves today, offering men money to flog their dolphins -- which we will have to do anyway once women quit us for good -- will always bring in customers. Sex? Let's not flatter ourselves here, guys.

No, comrades, there is no saving grace to be found. We'll be voted off the proverbial island, kept around for only second-hand reproductive purposes until genetics research makes us truly outmoded once and for all. Given the speed of technological growth, I'd give that a liberal five years. Add another two for word to spread to the remote parts of the globe, and then the male gender will be an evolutionary necessity no longer.

Seven years until production ends. We are the last generation of a dying breed. Soon, gentlemen, we'll have gone the way of the eight-track - neat for a time but now just silly. We'll be in the company of the New Kids on the Block, leisure suits and the pet rock. We're a flash in the pan, guys, a one-hit wonder, a limited edition.

Ladies, get 'em while they last. Guys, eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we may be obsolete.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Ardsgaine said:
They want some combination of June Cleaver, Mother Teresa, Barbie and Tracie Lords...

Are you going around talking about me AGAIN, Ardsy???

unclehobart said:
mine own standards are way too high .. the girl has to like me .. an impossibility

So very not true.. you have never been so not true ever... :D

lacemyster

Heres something that I want the most right now:
for people to STOP trying to hurt me

one of the main reasons why i get so depressed easily :(

dan

Nixy said:
Damn MSN and it's lack of history!!! I sent my "perfect man" list to a friend of mine awhiel back. Now I need to think of it again.

google for messenger plus. one of the things it does is history, it rocks :)

Nixy said:
I want someone who:

-is sensitive
-loves me for me
-is huggable
-is honest
-has abitions and goals

:)

freako104

Nixy said:
-is sensitive
-loves me for me
-is huggable
-is honest
-has abitions and goals

yup got all that :D (sorry Nix cant resist a flirt) :D

Arris

-is sensitive
Aren't bunny wabbits cute

-loves me for me
How about I love you for both of us?

Bored, pain in the hands... possibly early signs of RSI

-is huggable
Due to lack of sufficient exercise I have the necessary huggable "love handles" at the moment

-is honest
"I'll be home after just one beer", "No, nothing happened between me and your twin sister", "I have a 12inch *****"

-has abitions and goals
Does "getting laid" qualify as a reasonable ambition?

Ardsgaine

Arris said:
-has abitions and goals
Does "getting laid" qualify as a reasonable ambition?

:rofl:

Edit: Actually, I think "getting laid" would be considered a goal. "Getting laid every night" would be an ambition. :headbang:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I WANT to laugh, I really do.

I am not sure if I am able right now though seeing as I can't breath through my nose.

:hug: freako and Arris

Arris

Ardsgaine said:
Edit: Actually, I think "getting laid" would be considered a goal. "Getting laid every night" would be an ambition. :headbang:

Well for me right now its a very ambitious goal. :headbang:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
*thinks about how long it has been since she got laid*

*passes out* (in shock)

*thinks about how long it will be until she has the chance to getlaid again*

*passes out* (in excitement)

:D

Arris

*thinks about getting laid*
*passes out*

Actually I don't care much for "getting laid".
Thats usually a term I would associate with college boys.
I prefer "making love", you know with someone you actually love. But then I am a hopeless romantic...