What is marriage

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
catocom said:
agreed, but I'm talking about the religion our country was "founded" on.

I am not from your country, neither is prof who started the thread.

now if 2 men walked into YOUR church and asked to be married I am in 100% agreement when the priest (deacon etc.) turns them down, cause t is against the religion. But to take your religion outside of yourchurch, and force it onto other peoples...that is just wrong, another crusade?

catocom

paul_valaru said:
But to take your religion outside of yourchurch, and force it onto other peoples...that is just wrong, another crusade?

Exactly, and that's what gay marriage is doing.
It's forcing the straight people to "pay" for "their" marriage.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
catocom said:
Exactly, and that's what gay marriage is doing.
It's forcing the straight people to "pay" for "their" marriage.

pay? what? you totally lost me, are you upset that it goes against what you personaly beleive is right and wrong, or is there some hidden financial burden associated with this that you are upset about

catocom

paul_valaru said:
pay? what? you totally lost me, are you upset that it goes against what you personally believe is right and wrong, or is there some hidden financial burden associated with this that you are upset about
I have absolutely no problem with gays gettin married in other countries.
It's the tax part Here that I have a problem with, mainly.
If we were to diversify the tax system so that gays get what other gays paid in only,
I'd have no problem with it ....much, but we can't do That because they start screaming discrimination.

Winky

Sanctioning homo marriage
is equating hetero marriage
with homo marriage

In other werds 'debasing' marriage.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
catocom said:
I have absolutely no problem with gays gettin married in other countries.
It's the tax part Here that I have a problem with, mainly.
If we were to diversify the tax system so that gays get what other gays paid in only,
I'd have no problem with it ....much, but we can't do That because they start screaming discrimination.

and you don't see it that way?

maybe instead of teling these people that they can't get married the tax system should be changed so you get no tax benefits till you have kids.

I feel that telling 2 people they can't get married because it screws up somoene elses taxes a bit silly, if these people are getting married, it's cause they love each other, and trying to stop that is the ultimate in bigotry

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Winky said:
Sanctioning homo marriage
is equating hetero marriage
with homo marriage

In other werds 'debasing' marriage.

I see it as opening marriage up, showing it to be an expression of love.

back in the day a white and blak person getting married was also seen as debasing marriage

catocom

paul_valaru said:
maybe instead of teling these people that they can't get married the tax system should be changed so you get no tax benefits till you have kids.
There is a substantial tax advantage for having kid(s). ;)

catocom

HomeLAN said:
Although nowhere near the total cost of having kid(s).
Oh no. I think that too should be changed, and be based on certain circumstance.
More credit in some cases, and less in other.

I could write a friggin book of how "I'd" reform the tax system. :D

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Men who stay married invariably end up poorer than those who leave their live-in partners, according to social researcher Cecile Bourreau-Dubois.

See? It's an evil plot by women to make/keep us miserable!

HomeLAN

paul_valaru said:
here there is no tax benefit at all to being married, unless the incomes are totally diffrent

Here, if you both continue to work, it hurts you. Even after they supposedly fixed it.

Uki Chick

SouthernN'Proud said:
See? It's an evil plot by women to make/keep us miserable!

Why do the women get the blame. I made more money in the relationship, so I can say it's the opposite.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
HomeLAN said:
Here, if you both continue to work, it hurts you. Even after they supposedly fixed it.

so it's a burden, yet homosexuals still want to do it?

they must be as crazy aas us straight folk

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Yep, you can't tell me its a tax thing, the wife and I would be much better off every April if we weren't married.

HomeLAN

Ah, but you're missing the savings to be had by consolidating to only one set of certain things - like health benefits.