What sport(s) do you do?

lacemyster

Let's see...
*I used to do karate for a year when I was smaller
*I played on the girls basketball team for 6th and 7th grade
*I played football for 7th and 8th grade and am going to again in 10th grade
*I wrestled last year and plan to do it this year too
*I've been in track for the past 2 years, and going to this year

These are the 'playground' sports I loved...
*Dodgeball
*tackle football
*4-square

Besides sports I love to exercise on my bar. :D

Aunty Em

For the uninitiated here is a short summary of the Rules of Cricket...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in
goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they
are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to
get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are
out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes
in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who
are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides
have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that
is the end of the game!

... I'm sure that has suitably enlightened you..... :D

AnomalousEntity

I think those doing martial arts is awesome.

Its as good an excercise as going to the gym, and a hell of alot more intresting/useful.

Currently I clean up pee, change diapers, wash dishes, mow the grass, do the laundry, vacuum the floor, take out the trash, pick one room every few days and try to do a "major" clean on it, watch tv, play video games, watch movies....."keep away from the spouse". (I chase and she "keeps it away"), type on my keyboard, answer the phone, pay bills, plan projects around the house, bitch, moan, groan, argue, and step on toys left on the floor which results in an acrobatic "pogo stick" type of dancing around on one foot while swearing every 4 letter word I can think of.

Aunty Em

As good as? It's better... I was never so fit as when I practiced martial arts! Circuit training, running, weights... sheesh! Not to mention the training itself... I must have been mad, or obsessed! :)

ris

football and swimming twice a week each. am now a beefcake where before was tubby bitch.

SexyBoo

I used to love volleyball. During the warmer months I swim whenever possible, which unfortunately has not been often enough. I would love to try out martial arts and get back into bike riding. I know, boring! :sleep2:

tommyj27

Not really Banned
i participate in a bunch of sports. right now i primarily run, lift, and rock climb. i'd love to take tai chi or something similar to improve my balance, muscle control, and whatnot. i also would like to run some triathalons next summer so i'll probably start training for that pretty soon.

Arris

Snowboarding, Squash, Badminton, Tennis, Football (5-a-side on occasion), Pool.

Did Judo when I was younger, only up to Orange belt (second after white).

Kawaii said:
Im currently doing Ki-Aikido. Today we learned how to fall, roll, and end up standing again in a sec. Whee! I got kinda dizzy after doing it like 30-40 times.... Good stuff.
So, how bout you?

In Judo we did something different but it was more learning to land after being thrown. It was called "Rolling breakfall" where you took the impact by rolling over when landing when thrown and sorta slapping the mat with you hand to lessen the impact of the roll.

I have a couple of books on Tai Chi and I really want to get into this for focus and relaxation, I just need to find a local club in Aberdeen, Scotland to join though :crying4:

Gotnolegs

I picked up the Elle Mcpherson workout video recently, it's brilliant. I've already got a right arm like Arnie...

Arris

Gotnolegs said:
I picked up the Elle Mcpherson workout video recently, it's brilliant. I've already got a right arm like Arnie...

Your meant to copy the exercises on screen you know.... ;)