What to buy for the EIGHTIES WAGON

Inkara1

I got the imprpession that his dad already had the Maxima, then his grandpa insisted on giving him the money to buy a brand new car, even though he liked the Maxima, so part of selling it to Altron for cheap is that it will still be in the family.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
I got the imprpession that his dad already had the Maxima, then his grandpa insisted on giving him the money to buy a brand new car, even though he liked the Maxima, so part of selling it to Altron for cheap is that it will still be in the family.

I repeat, I wish my mom would sell me her car at a discounted price...

Inkara1

I'm sure she wishes someone would insist on giving her a bunch of money to buy a brand new car, too.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
I'm sure she wishes someone would insist on giving her a bunch of money to buy a brand new car, too.

Nah, what she wants is a truck and atm she can't afford the gas...that's the reason she's not planning to get one when I get my own car (she wouldn't get it now cause three of us couldn't go anywhere in a small truck).

Inkara1

I'd actually like to get a four-cylinder, extended-cab truck... S-10, Ranger, Tacoma, B2500, that sort of thing. I'd want a four-banger because of the gas savings, and I'd want a manual tranny because I know I'd have to downshift for hills. I'd need air conditioning for the 115-degree days we get over here, and I'd really like a key fob. The idea behind getting a small truck like that is that I would only need one vehicle for everything I could see myself using a car for in the next few years. But I moved to a bigger place instead, so the only way I would get something new for the time being is if I get in a crash or something else happens that I cna't drive the Neon anymore... in which case I'd use insurance money and dip into savings to have the car paid for, because I can't do the monthly payments unless they're hella-cheap.

Altron

It's not so much that he's selling it cheap, it's that he doesn't want to have four cars, so I'd be pretty much trading him the boat for the Maxima and then he would sell the boat.

ATM, the Maxima is sitting on the driveway. My dad is zoom-zooming around in the Mazda6. It's a decent car, good highway cruisin', lots of cargo room, although I think the Maxima has it beat in handling.

mx-6*

Off topic:

You guys are all crying about cars and gas prices and stuff thats intereting while my MX-6 has been in a garage for 3 years in the US while I drive a Nissan Primera or take the train from here to there every damned day.

Gotta love the relativity of it all.

I actually use an umbrella now! :D

Since I live in Japan since 2003, again.

MrBishop

img_draw.php

Mid-sized, looks like.

mx-6*

PS2 has Primera's in Gran Turismo 4.

Its one of the starter cars but the Primera isn't one of the bad ones.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
mx-6* said:
Off topic:

You guys are all crying about cars and gas prices and stuff thats intereting while my MX-6 has been in a garage for 3 years in the US while I drive a Nissan Primera or take the train from here to there every damned day.

I don't even own a car so I have you beat :p

mx-6*

Professur said:
Because she's a bad driver.

Thats not true, she said earlier that she wants a car.

She couldn't be any worse than the average female driver.

I mean, she can pick keys out on a keyboard amd make sense to even you and me
. :D

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
mx-6* said:
Thats not true, she said earlier that she wants a car.

She couldn't be any worse than the average female driver.

I mean, she can pick keys out on a keyboard amd make sense to even you and me
. :D

First of all :trout: for you

Second of all :trout: for Prof

Third of all, I don't have a car because I have yet to find a job...:grumpy:

Altron

mx-6* said:
Off topic:

Is that the first generation or the second generation?

Had a 1st gen MX-6 DX (that car was the reason I even got the EIGHTIES WAGON, the MX-6 couldn't pass NJ inspection), it was a fun lil' go-kart.

mx-6*

I didn't mean it like that for you though, sorry.

I was just making a general joke that should have been funny.

mx-6*

Altron said:
Is that the first generation or the second generation?

Had a 1st gen MX-6 DX (that car was the reason I even got the EIGHTIES WAGON, the MX-6 couldn't pass NJ inspection), it was a fun lil' go-kart.

Mines a 2nd gen SE from Japan 1997 model.