Whatcha doing tonight?

tonksy

Me? Reading an African cookbook, drinking a Sam Adams summer ale, and watching Wheel of Fortune. Basically a very uneventful evening.

JTP

There you are! Been checking out Lunatic Lounge and Real World. Interesting crowd here. Too bad there's not a chat- was getting hooked on all that rapid-fire punslinging. Guess discussion boards are a bit more...well you can compose thoughts and take your time. No fieldwork for me today- writing up site descriptions on older version of Word at work. Big headache when you try to insert DesignCad drawings and ExCell tables. I'm still not very good at changing/moving files from one program to another. Problem is, I learn all the tricks and shortcuts, then they send me out in the field for weeks or months and I forget everything- not complainin, just explainin!

tonksy

Do you prefer the site work or the computer work? I bet the weather is nicer for the computer work...but there is something exciting about the idea of the field work but maybe I am over romantisizing it.

The forums can be really rapid fire - it just depends on the amount of people you have posting at any given time. friday nights are usually not so brisk though.

JTP

Do you prefer the site work or the computer work? I bet the weather is nicer for the computer work...but there is something exciting about the idea of the field work but maybe I am over romantisizing it.

The forums can be really rapid fire - it just depends on the amount of people you have posting at any given time. friday nights are usually not so brisk though.

Both are great in their own ways. If I could arrange it, I'd be outside Oct. through May and indoors during the summer. It doesn't get too cold for me. Lots of people over-romanticise the fieldwork, thanks to those movie characters.

Yeah, this is a really cool site- thanks for the invitation.

tonksy

You don't find it cold here in the winters? Where are you from originally?
I moved up here from southern Louisiana and before that was south Texas and before that was Pensacola. I find the winters damn cold here but I have been told it's because I'm a southern sissypants.

chcr

Too cute for words
I have faith in your ability to figure that out, young lady. ;)

Remember that I'm originally from upstate New York.

BeardofPants

Hey, I did archaeology as my undergrad... cool. :) (and welcome)

Tonight? Not sure. Ain't made plans yet. Might cook something. Might go out. Depends on how cold it is, lol. :rofl:

Altron

We went out for Thai food (glass noodles and thai iced coffee for me, pineapple fried rice and thai iced tea for her), then came back, watched two episodes of The Office. Then we went out for milkshakes ('apple pie' for me, 'chocolate peanut butter' for her)
After that, we finished up the 500 piece puzzle we've been working on all week, then finished The Office Season 4.

Tomorrow we're going to have a lunch buffet at an Indian restaurant, which should be awesome.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
We went out for Thai food (glass noodles and thai iced coffee for me, pineapple fried rice and thai iced tea for her), then came back, watched two episodes of The Office. Then we went out for milkshakes ('apple pie' for me, 'chocolate peanut butter' for her)
After that, we finished up the 500 piece puzzle we've been working on all week, then finished The Office Season 4.

Tomorrow we're going to have a lunch buffet at an Indian restaurant, which should be awesome.

You guys sound like an old married couple...I miss being part of an old married couple...

Tonight I worked til 6, shopped til 8, took a cab home cause my feet hurt and have done very little since.

ClarabellaUK

I miss coupley stuff too... Was kinda getting used to it all again!

Tonight I think my sister might be providing a distraction for my heartache... shopping then back to hers for icecream, chat and wine!! :drink2:

tonksy

Today we are going to a butterfly release at the nature center and then tonight we'll eat dinner at home and...IDK...maybe rent a movie ot 2?

JTP

You don't find it cold here in the winters? Where are you from originally?
I moved up here from southern Louisiana and before that was south Texas and before that was Pensacola. I find the winters damn cold here but I have been told it's because I'm a southern sissypants.
Grew up in southeastern Georgia, near the Okeefenokee Swamp- I've had enough heat and humidity to last a lifetime! No, it does NOT get too cold for me. Wintered-over in Wyoming once, sleeping in the back of a '74 Ford van and loved it! Dela-where? was nice in the winter, too. Might retire to Canada or Alaska (a snowbird in reverse). I love Georgia in the winter, but the summers seem more brutal every year.
Sissypants!- I've worked in snow and sleet at Ft. Polk, Louisiana and on Eglin AFB near Pensacola, too, so you can't use that as an excuse! Don't be a WUSSY! ;)

tonksy

I am a wussy when it comes to the cold. My dad lives in Montana (he moved there from Miami - BIG change) and I visited him one January. Never again. I was amazed by the fact that I couldn't make a snowball with their snow. Stuff was powder for 2 weeks straight.
We get snow here and it lasts 5 minutes. Works for me.

ClarabellaUK

Grew up in southeastern Georgia, near the Okeefenokee Swamp- I've had enough heat and humidity to last a lifetime! No, it does NOT get too cold for me. Wintered-over in Wyoming once, sleeping in the back of a '74 Ford van and loved it! Dela-where? was nice in the winter, too. Might retire to Canada or Alaska (a snowbird in reverse). I love Georgia in the winter, but the summers seem more brutal every year.
Sissypants!- I've worked in snow and sleet at Ft. Polk, Louisiana and on Eglin AFB near Pensacola, too, so you can't use that as an excuse! Don't be a WUSSY! ;)

Oh... My... God!

Reading a novel right now with that swamp in it! Its where the story is set... a small town... off the okeefenokee swamp!

I actually thought it was fictitious... :blush: Its such a wonderful sounding word... feels great to say it! Oh... keef.. en.. okee! Its just so... so... nice to say!

Anyhoo... carry on!

Oh... and about the cold... until I was about 12 before we got central heating in the winter I would wake to ice patterns on the INSIDE of my bedroom window!!!!

I'm one of these people who can literally sit chilled to the bone... icey to the touch and not complain!!! :swing: