When you put something out for free ...

spike

State run health care is rationed health care. The Demonicrats know that they can not afford health care for everyone. But, protecting you is not the intent...owning you is the intent. It's amazing how cheap cancer treatment becomes when you force the patient to wait 12 months before starting treatments.

Actually we spend way more on healthcare than the 30 some countries that have healthier citizens than us. So we can afford it and protecting people would be the intent, instead of greed like it is now.

nalani

Actually we spend way more on healthcare than the 30 some countries that have healthier citizens than us. So we can afford it and protecting people would be the intent, instead of greed like it is now.

Just a quick question - do you think we're actually spending more on "healthcare" or more on "malpractice insurance" since the US is so sue-happy?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Just a quick question - do you think we're actually spending more on "healthcare" or more on "malpractice insurance" since the US is so sue-happy?

I vote for the latter. My cousin is an MD and she pays a buttload of money for her malpractice insurance...and she hasn't had any problems with any of her patients whatsoever. Of course...she passes on those costs to her patients and their insurance companies.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
State run health care is rationed health care. The Demonicrats know that they can not afford health care for everyone. But, protecting you is not the intent...owning you is the intent. It's amazing how cheap cancer treatment becomes when you force the patient to wait 12 months before starting treatments.

My country supplies me health care, and it is no way rationed. Nor do you have to wait for cancer treatment.

Professur

My country supplies me health care, and it is no way rationed. Nor do you have to wait for cancer treatment.

You just have to hope you don`t get much worse before your turn comes up. It's something like 6 months delay for a MRI unless your doctor can short list you.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
You just have to hope you don`t get much worse before your turn comes up. It's something like 6 months delay for a MRI unless your doctor can short list you.

If they suspect something bad is happening you get short-listed, happened to my mom.

If, let's say, your surgery is optional, then there is a chance you will get bumped if someone needs surgery ASAP.

MrBishop

Mine took 10 days.... the wait, that is. Covered by my company insurance at 100% - had to go semi-private clinic. The public clinic that I called gave be a 2 month delay.

My next wait is just shy of one month..for a neurologist this time.

Not enough Docs is our biggest problem.

Professur

I know one person who has to have a bi-annual scan for reasons that I'm not going to go into. If she misses her appointment, it's a 6 month wait for the next schedulable slot. Another woman with diagnosed cancer had a three month wait. My mother, on the other hand, was railroaded straight in. Might have had something to do with who her doctor was, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.

chcr

Too cute for words
I vote for the latter. My cousin is an MD and she pays a buttload of money for her malpractice insurance...and she hasn't had any problems with any of her patients whatsoever. Of course...she passes on those costs to her patients and their insurance companies.

Heck, Dara has to keep malpractice insurance. It's not as expensive as a doctor's but it's hardly an insignificant expense. I'm sure Dave does too.

MrBishop

I know one person who has to have a bi-annual scan for reasons that I'm not going to go into. If she misses her appointment, it's a 6 month wait for the next schedulable slot. Another woman with diagnosed cancer had a three month wait. My mother, on the other hand, was railroaded straight in. Might have had something to do with who her doctor was, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth.
Feh...just got a call from the Neuro... next available slot is July 09, but he might be able to push it forward since he's also my sister's doc and has been for 10+ years now. :evileek2:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

It interesting, you, Bish & Les are teh only people I've heard say anything positive about your healthcare system. Others say it's great if you have a cold or need a script.

jimpeel

No ... your fellow citizens (subjects) supply you with health care. The government merely acts in an administrative role, approving or denying those in need and taking by force, or threat of force, the funds needed from those citizens (subjects).

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
No ... your fellow citizens (subjects) supply you with health care. The government merely acts in an administrative role, approving or denying those in need and taking by force, or threat of force, the funds needed from those citizens (subjects).

yeah, that is us, the great canadian dictatorship.

2minkey

bootlicker
yeah, that is us, the great canadian dictatorship.

and the imaginary drama unfolds... the RCMP fueled by massive amounts of timbits, and having joined forces with the blue helmets, begin smashing down doors, seizing and eating babies, pooping in sock drawers, raping the fields, and pillaging the women... in the classic canadian tradition.

jimpeel

and the imaginary drama unfolds... the RCMP fueled by massive amounts of timbits, and having joined forces with the blue helmets, begin smashing down doors, seizing and eating babies, pooping in sock drawers, raping the fields, and pillaging the women... in the classic canadian tradition.

And then there's that fifteen-year-old Somali lad ...

MrBishop

It interesting, you, Bish & Les are teh only people I've heard say anything positive about your healthcare system. Others say it's great if you have a cold or need a script.

My biggest argument for CanMedicare is my appendectomy. Emergency surgery, two days in the hospital, post-surgical consult 1 week later, ventolin for my shortness of breath and a bill for $0.00 at the end.

It's my second surgery and I have yet to pay a penny for anytime in the hospital or medical treatments.

Didn't have to pay a penny for 'birthing babies' either.... I understand that the cost for a birth 'down south' is $8k or so?