• House

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • Apartment

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Other....(please specify)

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

simplyred

I live in a 3 br 2 ba trailor. It is on 1/2 acre, so I like my yard. I have never lived in a trailor before, but I like it better than I thought I would. The rent is MUCH cheaper, but the electric bills are outrageous. I LOVE the kitchen...huge island in the center and TONS of cabinets. The master bath has a garden tub and double vanity so there is no fighting in the mornings, and the bedrooms are plenty big enough for the girls.

Inkara1

Professur said:
Inky, there's nothing wrong with aluminium wiring .... if it's done correctly. In fact, by most counts, it's superior to copper. the problem is when you don't prepare the ends of the wire correctly, or hook up to non-AL rated receptacles and switches. You can't just slap things together like with copper.

Yeah, the wiring would expand and contract as it heats and cools and eventually loosen the connection, which is when it generates heat and causes fires. The problem in this area is that non-Al receptables and switches are just about all you can find around here. Not to mention aluminum wiring is on the same "good luck getting a policy at any price" list as wood shake roofs with homeowner's insurance companies these days. They make pigtails you can attach to the ends of the aluminum wiring so you can use non-Al receptacles, but they're almost as expensive as a rewire job and require a special, specific tool to put on correctly.

chcr

Too cute for words
unclehobart said:
I'm counting 18.. so no dice... darn this thatch barn of mine.
That reminds me of something I read in a Discworld book once. Something like, "It must have been a thatch cottage because no one would take so little care putting up a haystack."

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Leslie said:
3 bedroom, 2 story "Mini-Victorian". With the original stained glass even. Most of the summer hats are on the deacon's bench in the porch. The winter hats are in a little cupboard by the front door. Only a couple are hanging, those are on the coat rack.

Not too expensive, nice-ish area, local to everything. I'm happy right here.

hey, me to, what a coincedence

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
3 bedroom, 1 1/2 bath brick two story. 3 bedroom really doesn't do it justice though, the two upstairs rooms are each about 20' x 20' with 6' x 20' closets in each.

Aunty Em

SouthernN'Proud said:
I bet he cannot WAIT for me to hit the lottery.

Ooh, can I copycat that too?... :grinyes:

That looks nice Simplyred, but doesn't the rain on the roof drive you nuts in a heavy storm?

tonksy

Aunty Em said:
Ooh, can I copycat that too?... :grinyes:

That looks nice Simplyred, but doesn't the rain on the roof drive you nuts in a heavy storm?
MMMMMM...rain on a tin roof. It's actually quite soothing.

Aunty Em

Well I always think it's a bit like recording the noise from the shower spray on a tin can, then turning it up....LOUD!

Actually what gets me worse is when you're under the trees and you get that drip, drip drip on the roof... now that's annoying when you wanna go to sleep.

We call trailors mobile homes over here, and they're popular as holiday homes.

tonksy

Yeah...hail can be bad in a tin roofed place but I've never slept better than with a light summer rain beating down.
Storms woke me and Rob up uber early this morning - hail and wind. I think our yard saling may be cancelled :(

simplyred

Aunty Em said:

No the rain doesn't bother me at all. The Thunder rattles quite a bit. I don't like thunder at all. Haven't seen much hail lately, though we leave and stay with family if there are severe weather warnings.