Where's the beef..

simplyred

Chicken, Turkey, Beef, Deer, Cornish Hens, ALL fish raw and cooked, ALL shell fish, frog legs, alligator, Most Sausages, turtle.....

Have eaten squirrel and rabbit in the past but won't again as I have now had them as pets.

Never had Moose, Snake, Possium (tho I live in the South), rat....

LOVE LOVE LOVE oysters, shrimp, crab, crawfish, and clams. Not a fan of lobster but will eat it.

catocom

alligator, Most Sausages, turtle.....

Have eaten squirrel and rabbit in the past but won't again as I have now had them as pets.

what part of the alligator, and what did it taste like?
Anything like turtle, and same question on it..?

Squirrel, and rabbit both looked kind greasy to me when I saw them skinned,
but how are those?

I've 'tried' several types of sausage, but only like the pork.

The only things I've 'named' that I've still eaten were pigs.
The first one was when I was about 14, and it was slightly emotional, until
I tasted a ham, and some of the sausage from it.

tonksy

Alligator meat generally comes from the tail but I think any muscle will work. It has the texture of shrimp and fish (firm outside but fish-like inside) and tastes sorta chicken-y but a tad shrimpy/fishy.

simplyred

what part of the alligator, and what did it taste like?
Anything like turtle, and same question on it..?

Squirrel, and rabbit both looked kind greasy to me when I saw them skinned,
but how are those?

Alligator is really good fried or in a stew. Tonks is exactly right about texture and taste.

Squirrel I have only had in a stew. I remember it tasting kinda gamey like duck. But I don't remember it all that well since it has been a very long time since I have eaten it.

Dave

fish,shark,shellfish
pig& cow. will eat deer & bison when i can find it.
chicken,quail,turkey,duck

catocom

Alligator is really good fried or in a stew. Tonks is exactly right about texture and taste.

Squirrel I have only had in a stew. I remember it tasting kinda gamey like duck. But I don't remember it all that well since it has been a very long time since I have eaten it.
That's what I've heard about turtle too, so they are kinda the same?

I ain't found a sausage yet that I won't eat. Ground pork, links, bratwurst, hot dogs, kielbasa, Italian...I like it all.
deer sausage?:D

Professur

funny the conversation should turn that way. I'm making sausage as soon as I get home. 4 pounds of beef/pork.

Altron

Here in South Jersey, we have 'Scrapple'.

Wikipedia said:
Scrapple is typically made of hog offal, such as the head, particularly the brain, eyes, heart, liver, bladder, and other scraps, which are boiled with any bones attached (often the entire head), to make a broth. Once cooked, bones and fat are discarded, the meat is reserved, and (dry) cornmeal is boiled in the broth to make a mush. The meat, finely minced, is returned, and seasonings, typically sage, thyme, savory, and others, are added. The mush is cast into loaves, and allowed to cool thoroughly until gelled. The proportions and seasoning are very much a matter of the region and the cook's taste.

BlurOfSerenity

eew eew eew..... i'm near baltimore, and i LOOOVE scrapple, fry it up all crispy and i could eat pounds of it probably... but i never knew there were eyes and brains and bladders in it. my dad always described it as "the scrapings off the floor of the meat factory" as he happily bit into a slice, but EYES? BRAINS? BLADDERS?!!
i wish it weren't so awesome-tasting... thats yucky. i'll probably still eat it, though.

i made bold the things i actually like!

i have eaten : cow, chicken, pig, white fishes caught off the coast of sri lanka and battered and boxed and frozen, tuna in the can, turkey, lamb which my parents used to be sneaky and make "lamburgers" out of and tell me they were regular hamburgers, veal, buffalo in burgers ruby tuesday has that aren't very good, and rattlesnake at the cowboy club in sedona arizona. rattlesnake tastes like rubbery chicken. calamari. clams. shrimp. crab. lobster.

Altron

I HAVE eaten pounds of it.

It's amazing how it's crispy on the outside and gooey on the inside and so TASTY.n

I have a pound of Habbersett in the fridge right now... I want to eat it.

majestyx

beef, pork, chicken, freshwater fish, shellfish (shrimp, lobster), crab, clams shark, calamari, crawfish, fried/raw oysters, pheasant, dove, turkey, quail, venison, elk, alligator, goat

Gotholic

I've had buffalo jerky - it is so good!

I love baked clams too. But that is more of a Christmas season food for me.