Where's the beef..

BlurOfSerenity

we have some goat shoulders in the fridge, i think we're goint to make stock out of them, along with some good stock-making chunks of beef.

i like goat cheese.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
After reading about all those meats I felt a little woosy and realized that for the past... ohhh... 5 - 6 years... meat - or any live animal(ish) type food makes me feel a little queasy. Whenever I cook it, I think to myself, "I should just stop cooking meat and be a vegetarian"

But then a part of me thinks... "Hmmm 2 inch mignon fried in garlic butter with a slab of garlic butter with every bite..."

So - I'm grossed out by the thought of eating meat (poultry... etc..) and yet I still want it...?

catocom

when I "worked" in a chicken plant, I totally lost the taste for it.....
[John Astin] but I'm much better now. [/John Astin]:D

It's the though of just what it is that's why I won't even try it.
Like snake. It may be damn good, but I ain't eatin' it....
Now if it came to life, or death...?

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
That's exactly it for me. The thought of eating flesh, muscle, brain, tongue, kidney, liver...... ew.

If I weren't so damn lazy, I'd be a vegetarian - so I guess my laziness to grossed out switch hasn't flipped over yet... :D

tonksy

I could be a vegetarian...and sometimes I think about it, even though the family would probably revolt...but I have started just cooking heavier on the veggies and grains.

catocom

I miight average 1 evening a month all veg.
I gotsta have my meat.:grinyes:
Gotta have the protein, and I hate concentrates.

majestyx

That looks good Luis. I love barbacoa too, but I was told it was meat from the tongue. Is that true?

Thinking back...I've had goat cheese????

Lengua is what a dish made with tongue is called. At least that's what it is here in Texas.