Which brings me to the all-important question...(for the lads)

ClaireBear

Banned
tank girl said:
:Just because a Girl sleeps with somebody like that doesn't make her a skank any more that it does a Guy.

That is a completely archaic way of thinking about sex - and if you want to think like that, go back to the chauvinistic 50's where you belong. Both Men and Women can be chauvinist, you know. And saying that sort of thing is a completely idiotic double standard.

Ahhh! TG.. being denide sex for any length of time can cloud the judgement...

Forgive Leslie for her indiscretion... I do! :p

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Which indiscretion is that, Claire? The one where my statement was misread and misconstrued by someone else? Lotta that going on in this thread.

Professur

tank girl said:
:eyebrow:

no, actually generally but yeah, when you put it like that.

The very idea that you use that word is the perfect example of the sorts of prejudice you like to take - with or without Gonz by your side.

Just because a Girl sleeps with somebody like that doesn't make her a skank any more that it does a Guy.

That is a completely archaic way of thinking about sex - and if you want to think like that, go back to the chauvinistic 50's where you belong. Both Men and Women can be chauvinist, you know. And saying that sort of thing is a completely idiotic double standard.

I'd just like to point out that for many of us, what you call archaic is what we grew up with. And since Gonz and Les are polar opposites, claiming that they're side by side on anything is a joke.

ClaireBear

Banned
Leslie said:
Which indiscretion is that, Claire? The one where my statement was misread and misconstrued by someone else? Lotta that going on in this thread.

Judging through jealousy.. ofcourse!

But thats okay... I'll teach you how to be a skank... don't worry! You'll get some dick soon!

abooja

tank girl said:
Just because a Girl sleeps with somebody like that doesn't make her a skank any more that it does a Guy.
If you've already got the answer, why ask the question?

For me, it's not so much about the guy not respecting me after we've messed around on the first date. It's about me no longer respecting me, which is infinitely more important. Then again, I don't exactly go on a lot of traditional first dates.

tank girl

abooja said:
If you've already got the answer, why ask the question?

I'm curious about popular opinion from a Male perspective versus popular myth.

satisfied?'

Though saying that, asking for public opinion at OTC is pretty much a laughing matter...

ClaireBear

Banned
Professur said:
So, to be a modern woman, you have to be a skank?

No... where did I say that a modern woman was... "used for a hole"?

...no... she enjoys life and what it brings and does what makes her happy...and if thats sex early in a loving relationship or a one-night stand... so be it. If anything the modern woman "uses bloke's as poles"... the roles have become reversed!

Professur

ClaireBear said:
No... where did I say that a modern woman was... "used for a hole"?

...no... she enjoys life and what it brings and does what makes her happy...and if thats sex early in a loving relationship or a one-night stand... so be it. If anything the modern woman "uses bloke's as poles"... the roles have become reversed!

Ah. But how does said modern woman think that others view that behavior?

tank girl

Professur said:
Ah. But how does said modern woman think that others view that behavior?

Said modern woman here thinks it sounds just fine :lloyd:

The role reversal thing I don't think is the right way of putting it, however; more of a case of balancing out the rules of the game. Fair play and all that ;).

Professur

tank girl said:
Said modern woman here thinks it sounds just fine :lloyd:

The role reversal thing I don't think is the right way of putting it, however; more of a case of balancing out the rules of the game. Fair play and all that ;).

Hmmm. So, is it really a matter of more women taking what they want .... or wanting what men have always had?

tank girl

Professur said:
Hmmm. So, is it really a matter of more women taking what they want .... or wanting what men have always had?

Its not about taking or wanting. It's about freedom.

I'd just like to point out that for many of us, what you call archaic is what we grew up with.

The sexual liberation occured in the 70's. I wasn't born then :shrug: these double standards have been around much longer than that.

*the axe effect*

attachment.php

And since Gonz and Les are polar opposites, claiming that they're side by side on anything is a joke.

I disagree - irregardless of opposing political/moral perspectives and social/geographical/cultural backgrounds : certain characteristics and behaviour patterns and buddy-buddy pat-on-the-backs seem to outwardly point a side by side comparison point.

Just because they don't appear the same, doesn't mean that they are not the same.

Professur

tank girl said:
Its not about taking or wanting. It's about freedom.

The sexual liberation occured in the 70's. I wasn't born then :shrug: these double standards have been around much longer than that.

Freedom, eh? Freedom is a dangerous word. I'll wager you're still to young to comprehend just how dangerous it is. If the US founding fathers had any idea what today's people would consider freedom, they'd have probably gone cap in hand back to england. Or at least would have written with more care. What most people today consider freedom would have been criminal 100 years ago. How will you feel, when in years from now, what you consider criminal falls to freedom?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
tank girl said:
So it really doesn't make much difference - it depends on what the relationship is aimed/based on, the connection etc - Thats the answer I was shooting for.

Its nice to know that.

Well, it actually depends on the guy/country.

I share the same opinion as prof, but I know a good share of guys that doesn't.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
tank girl said:

Oh. he's a skank too. Stop assuming. If you're unsure of what is written, ask for clarification. That is what adults do.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gonz said:
ClaireBear said:
Thanks... and you opinion should count for what exactly?

Remind me again why you're in a position of authority here... other than to cause hurt, trouble and take pot shots at certain individuals?

I call upon the other moderators/admins to make note of this personal attack...

You asked a question. I answered it. That is now an attack?

Damnit, there I go, quoting myself again. I have to, in order for the following to be put in proper perspective.

I wasn't paying attention but, I assumed CB started the thread when I answered that remark. I didn't read what you, CB, wrote before I answered the general question as originally posted by Tank Girl. Hell, for that matter, I still haven't read what you wrote previous to that posting.

I am however rather pissed that I'm getting shit for my opinion in an opinion query thread. I have no problem pissing people off. In fact I'm good at it. Mostly because I make people uncomfortable with my directness. Yet, when asked, I'm now not allowed to answer? What kind of ridiculous crap is that? If I struck a nerve, sit & have a pow-wow with yourself. Consider what, in my opinion, makes you upset. If & when I'm speaking to somebody or about somebody I'll normally quote that person. I didn't quote you CB so what made you assume I was speaking to you?