why thriftstores rule

BlurOfSerenity

i scored a leather motorcycle jacket, well loved but also well kept, from the salvation army thrift store for $11 :swing: i'm too chunky to zip it, but it fits wonderfuly through the shoulders and arms. it's beautiful. pictueres forthcoming, sometime.

BlurOfSerenity

and we went thrifting with my fiance's mom, and she bought it for me, and it was token of acceptance, which ROCKED.

it fits like a second skin.

BigDadday

Well I think they rule for some where I am from mainly cuz we have had frozen wages for 7+ years now and that means no raises and no monies so things are tight with all of us and we have to get by somehow. Another reason dial up and I hate it but at least I have the net. Well in honesty I have free accounts but they only limit you to a few hours so broke down and got the one that didn't. Netzero 9.95/month which isn't bad I guess.

Inkara1

...except when you wake up you still have whatever it is you spent your money on. I've scored a few $1 T-shirts at the Salvation Army store before.

Uki Chick

a couple of weeks ago I scored 2 pairs of jeans, one for 6.99 and another for 4.99 plus a top for 3.99.

MrBishop

A pair of dress pants that matched my blazer perfectly, for $6. I also find decent books there...not a lot of 2nd hand book stores in my area that deal in English books. :(

Great place to find kid's clothes though! Serious money-saving on that end!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I'm hardcore too nowadays. I go for both the poverty and finding nifty stuff factors. My friend and I hit them all here in Barrie at least once a week. The ones down the road are more like every couple days.

I love the 50% off days!

Uki Chick

MrBishop said:
A pair of dress pants that matched my blazer perfectly, for $6. I also find decent books there...not a lot of 2nd hand book stores in my area that deal in English books. :(

Great place to find kid's clothes though! Serious money-saving on that end!

I've got a shit load of books that you can take if you want.

Uki Chick

MrBishop said:
:drool:

So...about that invite for supper?

I'm not busy saturday night. You'd be more than welcome to come over anytime, with the wife and kid and load up your trunk with books.

MrBishop

hehehe...she'd kill me :)

We just boxed the books from my former computer room/office and brought them downstairs. 6 boxes alone up there. They've joined the 20+ boxes in my laundry-room library waiting for that part of the renovation to go through.

This weekend's out though...Thanksgiving. We're either in Petawawa or hosting family at home. I was actually inviting 'you' over...not fishing for an invite to your place...though I appreciate the offer :D

Uki Chick

MrBishop said:
hehehe...she'd kill me :)

We just boxed the books from my former computer room/office and brought them downstairs. 6 boxes alone up there. They've joined the 20+ boxes in my laundry-room library waiting for that part of the renovation to go through.

This weekend's out though...Thanksgiving. We're either in Petawawa or hosting family at home. I was actually inviting 'you' over...not fishing for an invite to your place...though I appreciate the offer :D

Now how am i suppose to know which books you would want to read out of the collection sitting in my basement??? That's the reason for the invite to my place.

MrBishop

Uki Chick said:
Now how am i suppose to know which books you would want to read out of the collection sitting in my basement??? That's the reason for the invite to my place.
Aah... I see :)
...and yes, the van can handle a lot of books (space-wise)...but load-wise, books is 'eavy.

Taking this part to PM...ifn you don't mind. It's distracting from the thriftstores a wee bit :)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
This thread has inspired me to go back today and get what I didn't get when I was in there yesterday.

Professur

So you saved money, by buying more. That's brilliant.

I had to go out last night and buy V2.0's school choir outfit. 2 navy skirts @ 2/$30. 1 white polo $14.95, and 2x2pair of knee highs @$7.50/2pr. Total outlay, just shy of $70. And I thought I was done buying school clothes for the season.