Why Would United States Senators Vote to Protect Corporations Over Rape Victims?

Winky

It took an act of Congress!
OK a former washed (never was funny) up
comedian Senator (who stole the election)
to pass a bill, to say she shoulda been raped
again and again.

ResearchMonkey

just that I am against rape.

but hey, it's a free country, you can be pro what ever you want.

Iraq is nutty place, I would move my family there. Nor would I support my wife going there..... you know why?

Its fucking dangerous and she might raped or killed. Do not go to dangerous places like its Disneyland, it aint.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Iraq is nutty place, I would move my family there. Nor would I support my wife going there..... you know why?

Its fucking dangerous and she might raped or killed. Do not go to dangerous places like its Disneyland, it aint.

Again, the "she was asking for it" argument.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
She was asking for it...

Just because her titties were hanging out & her too-short mini-skirt left her labia visible didn't mean it was alright to rape her but it sure as shit didn't help the situation.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
This isn't about rape. It's about the jurisdiction to try a crime vs an idiot trying to make it a law to not follow contracts.

It's about the US doing business with companies that allow that kind of wording in there contracts.

You are right, it's not about rape, it's about worker safety.

I became about rape when people started blaming the victim

spike

I think she was there to work. Not for a Disneyland visit.

spike

If you contract to go to Iraq for big money and get your head chopped off on YouTube --- yes, you were gambling for big money.

You're saying if someone goes over to Iraq they should be able to rape or kill any contractor they want without fear of prosecution?

spike

This isn't about rape. It's about the jurisdiction to try a crime vs an idiot trying to make it a law to not follow contracts.

No, it's about allowing prosecution for crimes no matter what jurisdiction they're in.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
If you contract to go to Iraq for big money and get your head chopped off on YouTube --- yes, you were gambling for big money.

I'm not saying its right, I'm saying that's the reality of it

So he deserved it too.

I am guessing you think Jews should have moved out of eastern Europe way back when as well.

ResearchMonkey

You're saying if someone goes over to Iraq they should be able to rape or kill any contractor they want without fear of prosecution?
I'm saying if you choose to go there, you had better consider that its a very dangerous place and you better not expect it to nice and sweet.

Matbe should have not thought "oh what sweet place". -- she was fool if she thought a war zone is a safe place.

spike

I'm saying if you choose to go there, you had better consider that its a very dangerous place and you better not expect it to nice and sweet.

Matbe should have not thought "oh what sweet place". -- she was fool if she thought a war zone is a safe place.

THere's no reason to think she thought it was a safe place. Doesn't really change the fact that she has the right not to be raped by fellow employees and that they should be prosecuted.