Why Would United States Senators Vote to Protect Corporations Over Rape Victims?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I'm saying if you choose to go there, you had better consider that its a very dangerous place and you better not expect it to nice and sweet.

Matbe should have not thought "oh what sweet place". -- she was fool if she thought a war zone is a safe place.

yeah, raped by co-workers it the first thing she should have thought of.

In 2005, a female employee of KBR, a Halliburton subsidiary in Iraq, was drugged and gang raped by several of her male colleagues. This was done after she reported several times the sexist behavior of many of the men. When she reported the rape to her supervisor, she was locked in a metal shipping crate. She only got out of Iraq by calling her father, who got in touch with their local Congressman in Texas. When she got home and reported the rape, she was told that an arbitration clause in her contract made it impossible for her to sue Halliburton or the men who raped her. She would have to settle for binding arbitration, which meant little if any penalty to the company and no criminal penalty to the men involved.

because warnings of this happening was everywhere.

She did not get shot, she did not get blown up in combat, she was raped by coworkers, which could have happened at disneyland.

But if she was raped at disneyland, she would have been able to sue. And the men would be charged.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
You look into law and how it's handled. In the meantime she should have the right to prosecute her attackers whatever jurisdiction she's in without interference.

Prosecution is not handled by her. It's handled by the state. The state has faield to act. Ours faield because it was not done on US soil. Iraq because...

Some things that bother me
When she reported the rape to her supervisor,
Why did she not go to the police/military officer?

she was locked in a metal shipping crate. She only got out of Iraq by calling her father, who got in touch with their local Congressman in Texas.

How did she call her dad if she was locked in a metal crate & why didn't she call the local police/military authority before calling her dad? After all, at this point, aren't we talking kidnapping as well as rape?

spike

Prosecution is not handled by her.

Suing is done by her. Which she is prevented from.

Some things that bother me

Why did she not go to the police/military officer?

Maybe the first authority she found. Dunno.

How did she call her dad if she was locked in a metal crate & why didn't she call the local police/military authority before calling her dad? After all, at this point, aren't we talking kidnapping as well as rape?

I heard she manage to borrow a cell phone from someone. She probably knew the number for her dad.

ResearchMonkey

It goes back to many years.

If you don't get it, fine, if he doesn't, fine.

but I bet spike snickered.
barkingmoonbat3.jpg