Will it make you crap faster?

Inkara1

Too late... I grabbed a small bag of it, mainly because of the name. It's the first time I've seen it. It must be more common around there.

unclehobart

I'm probably being a bit overharsh. Its just that I have never run into a quick fix mix kit that made anything other than glorified taco filler. Chili is an art form and must be done slowly over time and adjusted and married well into itself. All of those mixes taste pretty much the same.

I saw that it was 2 alarm chili. It must be the breakfast variant.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Shelby's Chili mix is quite bland...unless you decide to spice it up yourself. Even then, it's not something I'd go for...:shrug:...Chili is too easy to make without relying on a mix, anyway.

Gato_Solo

PrincessLissa said:
Put some habenaros in it. All chili needs a little bit of those. That will make your bowels move faster for sure. :D

Nope. Habaneros don't work on me like that. Sometimes I wish they would, but no dice... :winkkiss:

staffrodore

Dunno bout the chillie mix but the 12 or so apricots i ate last night in ten minutes should start weaving their magic soon enough.

PrincessLissa

I really feel that I know too much about the bowel movements of the members on this board.

Maybe I should share nasty icky girlie and pregnant stuff.

chcr

Too cute for words
PrincessLissa said:
Put some habenaros in it. All chili needs a little bit of those. That will make your bowels move faster for sure. :D
Habaneros are all heat and very little flavor. I recognize that it's trendy to like them now, but jalapenos are better IMO. Good chili doesn't need either.

Next question: Beans or no? I prefer with, but either way is good.

Oh, and Inky? I didn't really like Carroll Shelby's mix either, and Ex-Lax will make you crap faster. ;)

unclehobart

I agree insofar as seeing habaneros as pure heat with little character. I don't like it in my hot sauces at all. I would rather keep it in my salsa as a back balancer against sweet fruits and added in with a touch of vinegar and chiplote bitterness.

HomeLAN

PrincessLissa said:
I really feel that I know too much about the bowel movements of the members on this board.

Maybe I should share nasty icky girlie and pregnant stuff.

I grew up with 4 women, and went through pregnancy and birth with my wife. You simply can't scare me with that stuff.

Gato_Solo

HomeLAN said:
I grew up with 4 women, and went through pregnancy and birth with my wife. You simply can't scare me with that stuff.

You were pregnant???:eek: I'd've paid mad cash to see that birth...:D

HomeLAN

I said I went through pregnancy. That does not mean I was the pregnant one. Being a good father, you should know what I mean.

Gato_Solo

HomeLAN said:
I said I went through pregnancy. That does not mean I was the pregnant one. Being a good father, you should know what I mean.

:hmm: Well I thought it was funny...:D