Will it make you crap faster?

tonksy

poor pete's sake rob. i placed 4th in a southern louisiana church chili cookoff. if you want some chili just ask.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
unclehobart said:
5 minutes does make it sound more like Sloppy Joes than chili.

I take umbrage, sir. Notice what the paragraph states. EVERYTHING is cooked first, and the simmering is just for the chili's. That 5 minutes is the last five minutes of cooking...not 5 minutes, total. :rolleyes: ;)

unclehobart

BAH ... reeeeal chili takes 4 days minimum.

First you kill and dress and 500 pound hog.
Fill the carcass hollow with 200 pounds of assorted beans, 20 pounds of onions, 25 bulbs of garlic, 2 pounds of salt, 10 pounds of chili powder, 5 pounds of secret spices, 20 pounds of diced and assorted hot peppers, 20 gallons of vinegar. Sew the carcass shut.

Take a brand new mini dumpster that is nice and sterile and set it on top of a raging bonfire and fill it with 500 gallons of water. Drop the carcass into the dumpster with a bulldozer. Let simmer for 36 hours. Then add in 300 pounds of tomatoes and 250 pounds of chorizo sausage. Cover. Simmer for 24 more hours.

viola.

tonksy

unclehobart said:

Fill the carcass hollow with 200 pounds of assorted beans, 20 pounds of onions, 25 bulbs of garlic, 2 pounds of salt, 10 pounds of chili powder, 5 pounds of secret spices, 20 pounds of diced and assorted hot peppers, 20 gallons of vinegar. Sew the carcass shut.

Take a brand new mini dumpster that is nice and sterile and set it on top of a raging bonfire and fill it with 500 gallons of water. Drop the carcass into the dumpster with a bulldozer. Let simmer for 36 hours. Then add in 300 pounds of tomatoes and 250 pounds of chorizo sausage. Cover. Simmer for 24 more hours.

viola.
sounds feasible. you'd need a watch to stir it every so often. i've stood pig watch but never chili watch.

Gato_Solo

unclehobart said:

viola.

Okay...but what about the bones? :p You can't really enjoy the chili when you bite into a stir-up... :nerd:

unclehobart

Mitch... Its primarily and unprocessed effing hog were talking about here. If you cant see that your bowl has a 3 foot long leg bone in it or half an 8 foot long spinal cord, I feel sorry for you.

Gato_Solo

unclehobart said:
Mitch... Its primarily and unprocessed effing hog were talking about here. If you cant see that your bowl has a 3 foot long leg bone in it or half an 8 foot long spinal cord, I feel sorry for you.

Fwee hee hee hee...The stir-up, along with the anvil, are the smallest bones in a mammilian's body. Also called the stapes. Gotcha. :D

abooja

unclehobart said:
Lord knows they're tiny enough to escape notice if you do pop them into your mouth.
Tiny things popped into one's mouth do have that tendency. :p

unclehobart

There should be a study as the effect that somehow and invariably, given enough time, all threads end up about oral sex.

Thulsa Doom

unclehobart said:
All I ever see down here are habaneros in the pale yellow to red prototypical common variety whose only job in life is to be fricken hot. If there are offshoots that supposedly have flavor, please direct me to page that describe the variants.. or .. hell... send me some... with more bottlecaps :)

Well of course the Red Savina is the most famous as its considered one of the hottest but the Scotch Bonnet (big puffy orangey one) is the one you usually see in grocery stores because most Americans cant deal with anything hotter. But its actually a cousin to the mighty habanero.

I grow a white habanero (which is actually yellow) because its hearty enough for the climate and soil up here and it makes for great sauce. Its as sweet as it is hot. And it juices well. And mingles with carrot and cilantro and citrus acid well. The Gold is good too. The Chocolate Congo has an amazing taste to it. Like a deep rich almost Chipotle/apricot like thing going on but different. totally unique among peppers. Great for making sauces and barbecue rubs and jerk. But good luck finding it.

Anyway, if its just heat you want get yourself a Naga Jolokia or a Tepin. Better yet, just get yourself some extract. Peppers can only get so hot. And peppers should be more about taste and usefulness. Like different fruits, you should choose em based on what you want from em.

Ill try to send some peppers next summer if I get good yield. I always get jalapenos and thais. And those taste great right off the vine. Might wanna keep em separate from the bottle cops though. ;)

Inkara1

I knew the thread would take a sexual turn when people started razzing Gato over his taking only five minutes, and he said the lead-up takes hours and the actual cooking is what only takes 5 minutes.