WIN VALUABLE PRIZES!!!

tonksy

we just got it in the mail today. the jar sits upon the counter because we are heading out for italian tonight, but i'm sure it won't last long :D

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
OK, at long last...I have resolved the impeding crises, and am prepared to follow through with my end of this deal (despite the fact that I still ain't got my tshirt...)

Anywho...onward and upward. You are playing for....you'll have to PM me. I will ship to the US or Canada.

(Big surprise for those who actually KNOW me here...)

In the rock band KISS, the original recording lineup consisted of Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Ace Frehley, and Peter Criss. As many of us know, all of these are stage names to some degree. When Peter Criss decided to leave the band in the late 1970s, he was replaced with another relatively unknown drummer who actually played in the band for more years than did Peter Criss.

1. What was his name?
2. What was his given birth name?
3. What was his makeup scheme?

(I coulda gone MUCH tougher here...)

I think we allow, what, one week on these is it? The winner and I will work out the prize in PMs after the answer is confirmed.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Interesting...

Comparisons? Influences? I can't d/l on the comp'ny puter. In college I worked with a band in Nashville, glam rock to the core. Cross Poison and D'Molls with a dash of Bowie and a little Skid Row, and you had 'em. Through them, I met and became pretty good pals with Every Mother's Nightmare (an incarnation of which is still about) for awhile and Tora Tora (long gone I think) for a briefer time. Nashville never had much of a local rock scene, but they had some talented guys afoot.

unclehobart

I think we have a Queensryche vibe... but most people describe it as angry Def Leppard. Influences are too many to list. I would feel bad about answering the question anyway since I was not the composer.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
SouthernN'Proud said:
....(despite the fact that I still ain't got my tshirt...)

:( It's coming! Well.. I have to go out and buy it.. I'll do it tomorrow, promise!!!!
*oops*

Sorry, hun' :lloyd:

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
unclehobart said:
Has my disc shown yet? I sent that sucker over a week ago.

YES!!!! Yes yes... it's a hit here!! Thank you so much, Robby, it's awesome. I made mention at PiL ;)
Alex thinks it's sweet!
thanks again :)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
No takers on da KISS trivia, eh?

Oh well. Whomever wants to step up next, be my guest.

You're suppose to post another question, how else will you give away the prize you're suppose to give away?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
SouthernN'Proud said:
I ain't givin away no cowboy hat, so I figure you wouldn't want it anyway.

Well, I don't even know if they make cowboy hats big enough for my huge noggin' so I prolly wouldn't want it even if you were :p

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Nixy said:
You're suppose to post another question, how else will you give away the prize you're suppose to give away?

OK, OK. I finally remembered this thread. Sue me.

The prize: a personally autographed greeting card from Yours Truly. Suitable for framing. A Hallmark no less.

The question: What is Ian Kilminster's nickname, and how did he get it?

Uki Chick

SouthernN'Proud said:
OK, OK. I finally remembered this thread. Sue me.

The prize: a personally autographed greeting card from Yours Truly. Suitable for framing. A Hallmark no less.

The question: What is Ian Kilminster's nickname, and how did he get it?

I know, I know!!!!!!!!!!!

Although the nickname 'Lemmy' is supposed to come from his days as a roadie when he would ask people to 'Lemmy (lend me) a fiver', Kilmister's autobiography maintains that he has been known as Lemmy since he was around ten.

How's that for answering your question!!!

Slim Pickens

Uki Chick said:
I know, I know!!!!!!!!!!!

Although the nickname 'Lemmy' is supposed to come from his days as a roadie when he would ask people to 'Lemmy (lend me) a fiver', Kilmister's autobiography maintains that he has been known as Lemmy since he was around ten.

How's that for answering your question!!!

As in Motorhead?