Wisdom Teeth...

Winky

Don't worry 'bout that, if you upchuck
it will only be once then slam down a double dose
and when you wake up you'll feel right as rain.

Aunty Em

That doesn't sound like an elective C-section to me Auntie. Sounds darn necessary.

Well they didn't discover the heart problem until she was 26 months old (or they could have corrected it) and at the time everyone was telling me the baby was fine. She was a breech presentation and they couldn't find her feet on the ultrasound so on the Wednesday before she was due on the Saturday they decided to do a C-section on the Friday... so I suppose it was kind of elective as I never went in labour... thank god! :eek5:

My daughter died because the powers that be didn't consider it necessary to scan all Down's babies for a heart defeat at the time of her birth and then they failed to discover it until it was way too late to do anything about it... and there's not a damn thing I can do about it under English Law... I spent 5 years trying only to be told I didn't have a case... not that money is any compensation, I just wanted someone to own up and say sorry... they never did... which is why Katie went to Great Ormond Street to see the Cardiologist because I refused to allow those assholes at the Brompton to continue treating her.

So don't talk to me about discrimination because I know all about it... my little girl might still be alive if she hadn't been discriminated against because of an accident of birth... she should never have died... and no-one is accountable... that's what hurts the most.

majestyx

I had a c-section back in '88 after 12 hours of labor. I guess you could call it an emergency c-section as the doctors told me that there wasn't any way I was physically able to have my son naturally. It took over 24 hours before the anesthesia completely wore off. No puking, but I didn't feel so hot either.

Had to have emergency surgery back in May to remove my gall bladder. I didn't have any trouble this time with anesthesia. Though, the pain meds probably had something to do with any nausea as they were giving me phenergren along with the demerol shots and I also had a morphine pump with my IV. When I woke up shortly after the surgery was over, the only thing I asked for was something to eat and drink. It had been nearly 48 hours since I had had anything to eat and I was starving! I still haven't had ANY soda (Coke/Pepsi) since the day before my surgery 8 weeks ago today.

majestyx

Thanks, tonks. It was pretty bad at the time, but I feel much better now. The surgeon told me that if it had gone another week it would have most likely ruptured. I only had one gallstone. It was the size of a golf ball.

majestyx

Pretty much, it is a low salt/low sodium diet and no spicy foods. Your gallbladder stores bile that is produced by your liver and then your gallbladder sends the bile to your stomach when you have eaten high fat food(s) to aid your digestive tract. Without the gallbladder to do that, the high fat food(s) don't get digested very well, and when the food reaches the lower intestines, because it hasn't digested properly it causes you to have the shits. That problem usually happens within 30 minutes or so. I have been told by folks who've had there's out that you can pretty much go back to eating just like you did before the gallbladder removal after a year or so. Your body just has to retrain itself in how to deal with the foods that you eat. I am slowly reintroducing my favorite foods to my stomach, and am having pretty good results......which is good as I love me some spicy foods and a real good steak every now and again. But for the most part, I stick to chicken and pork, and have still kept from drinking the sodas, but still drink my beer on the weekends!

Aunty Em

Actually the bile duct comes out into the duodenum, the first 12 inches of your small intestine where most of your food is absorbed... don't want anyone thinking it actually goes into the stomach.

Trust an ex-nurse... ;)

Aunty Em

Yeah, I've got to go to bed... I'm being naughty and staying up too late again... I should have been in bed by 1am and it's nearly 2am... night, night.

Inkara1

For comparison's sake, it's 6:30 p.m. as I type this... the time stamp on Aunty's last message shows up as 5:55 p.m. for me.

FluerVanderloo

It's been a pretty rough ride since Saturday. Forgive me for any typos ahead of time.

They had no problem putting me under; I didn't wake up during it nor do I remember any of it. I was out in about 30 seconds.

Afterwards, I felt nauseous twice but nothing serious enough to run to the bathroom. I stopped needing gauze that night around midnight or so. The stitches are supoer irritating and I swelled up like a chipmunk on my right cheek, but the left side was minimal.

Yesterday I started eating real food (pizza!) and I seemed to be making a good recovery, but as the night wore on I started feeling it really bad in my lower left extraction site.

I remember them telling me that they had to remove a cyst, and I think it came from the lower left. I feel like the incision runs all the way back to where my jaw meets my head, and from last night through this morning it is causing pain to radiate throughout my entire jaw.

I was given Oxycodone 3/25 or something like that. Either way it has not been helping the pain; just putting me into a restless sleep. Still have 2-3 more Penicillin to take.

Calling the office today to see if there's ANYTHING else I can do to stop this pain.:blank:

FluerVanderloo

Update: I called the office, and the doctor was only going to be in for 2 hours. I wasn't about to drive, and had no ride, so I had to suck it up and take some more Advil.

At this point, a few days later, I haven't taken anything for the pain since as it's been manageable. I can swish water and Listerine now, so I can basically eat what I want as long as I rinse afterwards.

I'm still just a little sore when I make exaggerated movements (tighten the corners of my mouth to smile, sneezing, yawning) and my stitches come out tomorrow. Good thing too, they're starting to bother me.