Wish me luck...I'm about to...

MrBishop

HomeLAN said:
They don't show just a DM. There's a DML or a DML-C.
It's got an onboard Network port just above the 2 rear USB ports....must be the DML then.

I'll check out the .pdf that you guys found...it'll come in handy for plugging all them wires in.

The MoBo's in now, though my son just woke up, so no more headaches for a bit. I'm running solo until 9pm or so...can't play with the compi AND my son at the same time.

Family takes prescedent.

chcr

Too cute for words
MrBishop said:
can't play with the compi AND my son at the same time.

Family takes prescedent.
Now, how you gonna get through life with these screwed up priorities???? :nerd: :lol2:

MrBishop

chcr said:
Now, how you gonna get through life with these screwed up priorities???? :nerd: :lol2:
He's young and sleeps a lot :D

Niquil helps too

OK...reading thru the manual now to make sure I plug shit where its supposed to be plugged.

MrBishop

I have [font=ArialNarrow,Bold]

H :F_PANEL​

[/font]
Rst1 Rst2 (okay)​

Spk+ and Spk- (okay)​
HD+ HD- (okay)​
Pw+ Pw- Pd+ Pd-​
Nc Nc​
Now..either PW+ and - are for the power on or they're for the reset​
Kinda lost here...know which accronym is which?​
Of course, I'm assuming that the white cable is the Neg-​

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
MrBishop said:
I have [font=ArialNarrow,Bold][/font][font=ArialNarrow,Bold]

[/font]
[font=ArialNarrow,Bold]H :F_PANEL

[/font]​
[font=ArialNarrow,Bold]

[/font]
Rst1 Rst2 (okay)​

Spk+ and Spk- (okay)​
HD+ HD- (okay)​
Pw+ Pw- Pd+ Pd-​
Nc Nc​
Now..either PW+ and - are for the power on or they're for the reset​
Kinda lost here...know which accronym is which?​
Of course, I'm assuming that the white cable is the Neg-​
Rst is reset switch, you can do those backwards, doesn't matter, it's just a momentary switch.

HD+ and - is the hard drive LED. That I THINK will go either way as well. If it doesn't light up, swap it.

Pw + and - would be power switch, same as reset, either way will work.

PD+ and - would be the Power LED. Same as HD.

Nc Nc? :shrug: beats the fuck out of me.

Inkara1

HDD LEDs won't work plugged in backwards. I've always had a tendency to get them plugged in backwards and then have the light not work, and just not do anything about it because the computer otherwise works fine.

HomeLAN

Skip NC. All you need are reset and power switch for it to work. Power and HD LED's are good too, and that rounds it out. The first two will work either way, but the second two have to be on the right way, or the LED's won't work. If they don't work, reverse the plugs.

By all means, get those plugs on the right set of jumpers. If you cross 'em up and plug, say, the power LED into the power switch and vice-versa, prepare for the smell of burning wire insulation.

Yes, I do unfortunately speak from experience

HomeLAN

'K, read that part of the manual. NC is the two in the middle of the 4 pin speaker plug. Therefore, NC must mean No Cable.

chcr

Too cute for words
HomeLAN said:
'K, read that part of the manual. NC is the two in the middle of the 4 pin speaker plug. Therefore, NC must mean No Cable.
What in the world are you talking about?!?!?

"Read the manual..." Harrumph! :lloyd: