Word of the day...

Inkara1

The simplicity of the secret behind "yeeshbah" reminds me of an old Calvin and Hobbes cartoon. Calvin says to Hobbes, "penny for your thoughts." Hobbes responds that this thought is worth a dollar. They haggle, and fianlly Calvin relents and gives Hobbes a dollar. the thought? A fool and his money are soon parted. Fighting and hilarity ensues.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
dopeler effect- the tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

chcr

Too cute for words
Do they really seem smarter, or do we just give up to stop the f*cking noise? :rofl:

Kawaii

Chixploitation

The exploitation of beautiful women ("chix"), commonly used as a selling point of otherwise awful movies, eg Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle. Similar to Blacksploitation, eg Blackula.

Sure the chixploitation flick didn't have a plot, but that upskirt shot of Cameron Diaz ensures that video sales will be excellent

Gato_Solo

assmosis - the process by which some people seem to absorb success and advancement by kissing up to the boss rather than working hard.

Gato_Solo

cinderellaware - software (demo or shareware) which becomes useless after a trial period unless the user pays for and registers it.

Gato_Solo

seagull manager - a manager that flies in and makes a lot of noise, dumps on everyone, and flies out again, still squawking.

chcr

Too cute for words
cavernocity quotient: Measure (in cc) of the empty space in a skull due to brain size vs. skull volume. Can vary from moment to moment in the same person.

Gato_Solo

prairiedogged - the feeling of helplessness that overtakes you when co-workers in neighboring cubicles constantly pop their heads up to ask you stupid questions.

Gato_Solo

blamestorming - sitting around in a group, discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed, and who was responsible.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
prairiedogged - the feeling of helplessness that overtakes you when co-workers in neighboring cubicles constantly pop their heads up to ask you stupid questions.
Ahh, the story of my existence. :D

Gato_Solo

spamouflage - an intentional typo, such as Vikagra, used by spammers to fool spam filters.

ris

i did some uni project work in the less than fair city of swansea, and during one of the research wanders discovered a particularly dodgy looking lane called 'salubrious passage'. very apt.

by way of note, whenever i see this thread i am reminded to think of th fine chat up line - 'the word of the day is legs, let's go home and spread the word'

:D

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
ris said:
by way of note, whenever i see this thread i am reminded to think of th fine chat up line - 'the word of the day is legs, let's go home and spread the word'

:D that's a good one

Gato_Solo

ALPOPUCK n. - Any empty dish pushed around the kitchen floor by a dog trying to get the last morsel.

Gato_Solo

fetchplex.jpg

Mare

Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
Kinda like a Brain Fart -like when you hold a fart in and it travels to your brain, and you get all your shitty ideas from...

word of the day:superkalafragilisticexbealidocious (not sure what it means, ask Mary Poppins...