Worst covers and good covers??

Inkara1

I can't stand Lenny Kravitz's version of American Woman. It's slow and boring, and he left out the nifty guitar solos that made the Guess Who's version memorable. I can't believe no one's mentioned that yet.

I'd have to file all of William Shatner's covers under "so bad it's funny," along with the 1966 Batman movie. "MR. TAMBOURINE MAN!!!!!!!!!!"

BeardofPants

Holy Hell - There's a batman cover of Mr. Tamborine Man?! :eek: *BoP thanks her lucky stars that she stayed under /that/ particular rock*

Inkara1

BeardofPants said:
Holy Hell - There's a batman cover of Mr. Tamborine Man?! :eek: *BoP thanks her lucky stars that she stayed under /that/ particular rock*
I was a little confusing, I guess. I was speaking of William Shatner's "Mr. Tambourine Man" cover.

staffrodore

Spiderbait's cover of Black Betty is just the best ever version I have had the pleasure of listening to. Highly reccomend it to anyone, seems to have a hillbilly twist to it!

AlladinSane

Inkara1 said:
I can't stand Lenny Kravitz's version of American Woman. It's slow and boring, and he left out the nifty guitar solos that made the Guess Who's version memorable. I can't believe no one's mentioned that yet.
Actually I like Lenny's version, though the The Guess Who one is unquestionably better. I just wished they had included that one in American Beauty's soundtrack CD... :eh:

chcr

Too cute for words
Inkara1 said:
I was a little confusing, I guess. I was speaking of William Shatner's "Mr. Tambourine Man" cover.
Even worse. :D

I rather like The Stereophonics cover of "Handbags and Gladrags."