Worst covers and good covers??

Vortex

Um... I really like Vertical Horizon's cover of Tracy Chapman's song: Fast Car, I think that's one of the better ones :)

freako104

Mirlyn said:
They also did While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I personally don't see these as covers, I see them as renditions. Both very good though.

strange. ive been a fan of theirs for a long time and i havent heard it yet. is it on the new album?

freako104

rrfield said:
I'm just not a big goth fan, like you said, to each their own :)

rrfield

theyre older stuff from back when they played small clubs in DC is better.

gODHEAD

thats their link. you can have a listen though i dont think youll find their older stuff there

Mirlyn

freako104 said:
strange. ive been a fan of theirs for a long time and i havent heard it yet. is it on the new album?
My bad....now that I think about it, I got them confused with Spineshank. Sorry.

BlurOfSerenity

good cover : REM's version of the Leonard Cohen song about how first we take manhattan, then we take berlin ("first we take manhattan"?)

my mom has a Leonard Cohen tribute cd... most of it rocks.

it's on a tribute tape that the afore mentioned botched bono version of hallelujah appeared.

goddamn, i love me some Leonard Cohen.

Philly

Mirlyn said:
Creed did a good version of Riders On The Storm on one of their tribute cds. Good call.
the cd was called stoned immaculate, i have it

riders is one of my fave songs from the doors. creed did an ok job.

ris

my least favourite covers are the corrs version of dreams and tin tin out ruining here's where the story ends [originally by the sundays].

i quite enjoyed the sundays version of the rolling stones 'wild horses', but i am sure that a good number of rolling stones fans don't feel the same.

poolking

The worst cover I have ever heard has to be Annie Lennox's cover of "Whiter Shade of Pale", she totally crucified that song.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
WORST EVER IS I'LL BE MISSING YOU BY POOP DADDY

did i said that too loud? :D

Winky

I second:

Orgy's version of blue Monday

The Alien Ant farm's cover "smooth criminal"

I never had a Speak and Spell and never got one for the
Kid but he's Aced the verbal portion of the SAT first time
out (800) but only 670 on the Math portion.
I suppose it's to late for the Math version of a
Speak & Spells?

AlladinSane

Good versions:
Cowboy Junkies - Sweet Jane(Lou Reed)
The Art of Noise - Kiss(Prince)
Bauhaus - Ziggy Stardust(David Bowie)
Siouxsie & The Banshees - The Hall Of Mirrors(Kraftwerk)

Shit cover:
Guns & Roses - Live & Let Die (Paul McCartney) ( will think of more tomorrow I~m going to bad)

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
best: cash doing hurt

worst and they should be shot. some country group redid photograph by def leppard. and OMG i just want to go and shoot the whole group for wreaking such an awsme song.