X-Men III - The Last Stand

MrBishop

Anyone planning on going to see it?
I've seen little bits of it via teasers. Looks like there are Sentinals to deal with, and Phoenix, Juggernought(sp?), etc... a new group of baddies.

Beast is in this one, Angel, Kittie Pryde, Colossus play larger roles.

The timeline's fucked but the movie looks good t'me. :nerd:

unclehobart

I have some issues with it... but found the movies to be very enjoyable nonetheless. I can't look at Magneto without thinking of Gandalf though.

Starya

Saw it yesterday. Quick sum up:

Too short, lacking some characters I wanted to see, not giving others enough screen time, messed up the story compared to the comic (but hey, alternate universes rule), excellent film. I enjoyed it a lot.

2minkey

bootlicker
if i see it, it'll be for the chicks. same reason i watch "charmed" from time to time.

is the blue chick in this one much?

Starya

Oh, and "Frasier" makes a mighty fine McCoy in my opinion. "To quote Churchill, there comes a time when a man must.." *punches* "Oh you know what I mean!"

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Since Dr McCoy was a brainiac...Frasier fits quite well.

Since they're thru with her, can I have Halle Berry? Please.

MrBishop

Professur said:
They're borrowing from several Xmen comic series. The return of Jean Grey as Phoenix (minus the Hellfire club), plus the beginnings of the Sentinel battles.

There are a few (many) timeline changes... including Juggernaught as part of the Brotherhood of evil mutants??!?

Ahem!

JUGG is NOT a MUTANT!!

I feel better now.

Oh BTW...they actually use the (Edit) *Fastball Special* in the flick. Colossus pitching Wolverine at a Sentinel :D

BeardofPants

They did the fastball special a coupla times. :D

The movie was ... okay. I loved that Kitty Pryde got a big role in this, but it just wasn't as 'special' as the first 2 movies. :mope:

Professur

Um, they couldn't go with Storm's mohawk. She only did that after defeating Calisto for the leadership of the Morlocks.

MrBishop

Professur said:
Um, they couldn't go with Storm's mohawk. She only did that after defeating Calisto for the leadership of the Morlocks.
As if that'd stop them from messing up the timeline a wee bit more.

Get this... Angel and Beast join the XMen after Colossus, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Wolverine and Kitty Pryde AND after Jean becomes Phoenix. :grinno: but just after Iceman joins.

The timeline's fucked :thumbdn: ...but visually, they do a damn good job at recreating the characters and their powers. :beardbng: (minus the brightly coloured spandex suits).:rolleyes:

Starya

Didn't you pay attention Bish? Beast was with them before, hence the "Can you believe this used to fit"-coment on the uniform. ;)