X-Men III - The Last Stand

MrBishop

Starya said:
Didn't you pay attention Bish? Beast was with them before, hence the "Can you believe this used to fit"-coment on the uniform. ;)
Havn't seen the movie....yet.:eek5:

I noticed in the first movie that they have a quick cut-to scene of him (Pre-blue) talking on TV as a guest speaker on some news show. The only give-away was his real name listed at the bottom of the tv screen. :)

Starya

Oh, and the brief presence of the would-be Marauders, such as Arclight. (Think there were more, but not sure)

BeardofPants

*smacks head
God I'm slow. :rolleyes: Right, Marauders! Me is stoopid. :laugh: I only wish that colossus' part was bigger.:crap: I *loved* the collosus/kitty dynamic in the comics.

MrBishop

I don't think so, BoP. I'll have to go digging into my comix or google it, but it doesn't ring true.

MrsBish and daughter get to go see it tomorrow. I may have to wait until DVD time for it. :(

storm%202.gif

1 vote for Punked Storm

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
A.B.Normal said:
{cough}GEEEKSSS{cough}

Bones:"Dammit Gonz I'm a Physician ,not a brainiac"

:evilgrin:

Will the real Dr Henry McCoy please stand up;

"Damnit AB, I'm a beast, not a sawbones"

Gotholic

I just seen it last night. The movie was great, however, it does not live up to the first two. It could have been much better.

I went in the theater expecting to be disapointed (due to the fact that Bryan Singer was no longer the director partly because of the impaitence of 20th Century Fox) and I was.

Juggernaut is not a mutant in the comic books but I can over look that since it is much simpler to just make him a mutant for the film. Marrow (the bone-extruding mutant attacking Wolverine) is a girl in the comics. I thought making her a man for the film was unnecessary.

In the comics, Beast turned furry and blue after he drank a serum he devised that advanced his mutation. But I think it was right that they made him already that way.

Storm being the leader of the team? That was due to Halle Berry whining about more importance for her character (she wasn't even going to be in this film unless she had a bigger role). It is unfortunate how recieving an Oscar can make her so arrogant.

For some reason people are saying this is suppose to be the last film. But it was said that the future of this franchise depends on how well this movie does. It is very successful so far and even made more money than the first two so it does merit a fourth film.

They killed off too many major characters. They were killed in such a way that it seems impossible to bring them back. They were essential characters. I believe it was way too early in the franchise to kill them off, if ever.

The film should of been longer to add more character development.

Other than what was stated above, for the most part, the movie was great.

Seeing Iceman in ice form was awesome!

Oh, and Ellen Page who plays Kitty Pryde is incredibly cute! :headbang:

Starya

Dude, that wasn't a male Marrow, it was Spike...

Oh, and did you sit through the credits? I didn't, but apparantly.. some may not be as dead as they seem. :D

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
I actually watched the 2nd movie again. at the end when they do the flyby over the newly formed lake, you can see the image of the phoenix. never noticed that before.

MrBishop

I want cross-overs!!!

Do a bit of the Secret Wars. They've done movies with Hulk, the FF, XMen, Spiderman, Captain America (cheesy), DareDevil etc etc.... I think that they can swing a few cross overs.

Spiderman vs. XMen
Xmen vs. FF

"It was all a misunderstanding" type of storyline.

Professur

Gawd, I hope not. Those movies have all been perversions of greed. They don't even try to get the original premise right. Evidently the original premise, that was published in a fucking comic book thirty years ago is too complicated to convey to the average Joe using 2 hours of high tech video.

Baaaaaaaaa.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The did a decent job at maintaining the premise of the Fantastic Four...it was only moved up 40 years. The movie sucked but they kept it original.

Professur

That's a joke, right? Richards never worked for von Doom. Von Doom had absolutely nothing to do with the launch that gave them their powers. And his armour was jsut that: armour. It didn't grow out of him. He wore it.

If that's a decent job, I'd hate to see what passes for a clusterfuck in your book.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
So rogue got the cure, but I remember at the end of the 1st movie she kissed her boyfriend without harming him. :shrug: