X-Men III - The Last Stand

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Professur said:
If that's a decent job, I'd hate to see what passes for a clusterfuck in your book.

See any Stepen King book converted to movie format.

MrBishop

Gonz said:
See any Stepen King book converted to movie format.
I beg to differ. They fuck up most, but they did a pretty good job on a few.

Carrie, Apt Pupil, Cujo, Christine, Delores Claireborn and Pet Semetary are pretty good adaptations of the book. :shrug:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Carrie...still haven't read-don't want to find out how bad bad the movie really is.

Apt Pupil-didn't see but that's a short story right? Harder to screw those up.

Cujo, Christine, Delores Claireborn & Pet Semetary were awful.

The only one that really came close was (Kathy Bates as the crazed fan of the writer). It at least used Stephans outline.

chcr

Too cute for words
I just don't understand how anyone anywhere ever expects a 90 to 180 minute movie based on a book to ever have any chance at all to do that book justice. It's simply not possible. Changes have to be made. They always have, they always will. Get over it. :shrug:

HomeLAN

Gonz said:
Carrie...still haven't read-don't want to find out how bad bad the movie really is.

They actually did a fair job with that one. Shock.

Apt Pupil-didn't see but that's a short story right? Harder to screw those up.

Novella. It's tough to call a 120 page story a short story. I haven't seen the flick, though. I did see "Stand By Me" which was based off of "The Body", and "The Shawshank Redemption", which was based off of "Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption", both of which were movies made from novellas out of the same collection as "Apt Pupil" - the collection was called "Four Seasons". Both were quite good.

Cujo, Christine, Delores Claireborn & Pet Semetary were awful.

The only one that really came close was (Kathy Bates as the crazed fan of the writer). It at least used Stephans outline.

The Bates one was "Misery".

Professur

chcr said:
I just don't understand how anyone anywhere ever expects a 90 to 180 minute movie based on a book to ever have any chance at all to do that book justice. It's simply not possible. Changes have to be made. They always have, they always will. Get over it. :shrug:

How about a 30 page comic book?

MrBishop

Apt pupil, the movie is very well done. The Green Mile is another decent interpretation. :shrug: Shawshank Redemption has become one of my favorite movies. Sometimes they do OK book ---> movie

I still want to see X-Men III, despite the fucked up storyline.

MrBishop

– SPOILER ALERT !! – The Post-Credits scene -

Once the credits are done rolling, a strange scene opens up. We’re brought into a bright sun-lit room with life-support medical equipment buzzing away. A female docter walks in to check on a male patient… whom we don’t have a clear picture of. Suddenly the patient turns to face her and says “Doctor Moira?” (I think he said that), to which the doctor was surprised. She knew that voice (you would to) and she muttered the following word… “Charles?”.

Some people were confused by this scene: First, recall that Charles was killed by the Phoenix. Now return to the earlier part of the movie and you’ll remember that Prof. Xavier (Charles) was teaching a mutant class about “ethics” and proceeded to show a case study video of a living man without consciousness. He posed the question of whether it was ethical for mutants to transfer the consciousness of a terminally-ill person into that body. After which he was interrupted by a powerful force.

Connect both scenes together and you would have figured out that after the Phoenix pulverized Charles, he must have transferred his consciousness into that very same patient in the case study. As an added bonus, we learn that the Dr. Moira is quite important in Charles’ life, as seen in the Xmen comic book storyline.

Hope this helps everyone… and btw, someone posted the last scene on YouTube as well. It’s not the whole scene, but gives you the general idea.

Starya

Luis G said:
at the end of the movie...

And she even had an icy breath afterwards.
Well, she takes peoples powers and strenght when she touches them, but brief touches don't do much harm (touching Eric in X2 (enough to weaken him), Colossus in X3 (not enough to phase him)). So, a brief kiss - icy goodness. Anything more - buh-bye Bobby.

MrBishop

Someone refresh my memory. Who'd she kill to get the super-strenght, flight and invulnerability? *comic book, not movie*