Ya know what REALLY pisses me off about this election?

MrBishop

Gonz said:
if peons get paid squat & have no benefits (which are EMPLOYER PERKS, not government subsidies) who will be able to afford their products? If they are too sick to work who will slave over the mill & make the products? If they are dead how will the fat cat business owner, who has put everything in his/her life on the line just to make a buck & allow you to make one too, be able to sell the uncreated product to the unable to afford working class?
- C'mon, I really want the answer to this.

Who will buy their product? Those that aren't peons...the quickly dissapearing middle class and the upper-crustaceans?

If they're too sick to work...they get fired and some other poor schmo gets hired and mistreated in his place, or the work gets outsourced overseas to little kids working 14 hour days for $1/day...if they're lucky. The fat-cat keeps his money and gets to "put everything in his/her life on the line" whilst driving around in a 60k$ SUV. :brush:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
MrBishop said:
Who will buy their product? Those that aren't peons...the quickly dissapearing middle class and the upper-crustaceans?

If they're too sick to work...they get fired and some other poor schmo gets hired and mistreated in his place, or the work gets outsourced overseas to little kids working 14 hour days for $1/day...if they're lucky. The fat-cat keeps his money and gets to "put everything in his/her life on the line" whilst driving around in a 60k$ SUV. :brush:

I've been to some places where $1.00 a day would make you middle-class...;)

MrBishop

Gato_Solo said:
I've been to some places where $1.00 a day would make you middle-class...;)

Roger that buddy... I've also met people who consider anything below $60k/year poverty. :shrug: and those that live in small shacks in the woods, collect Unemployment and Welfare, yet have a 60" TV in their living room attached to the XboX and a brand new 4X4 in their front yard.

Takes all kinds, eh?

Gato_Solo

MrBishop said:
Roger that buddy... I've also met people who consider anything below $60k/year poverty. :shrug: and those that live in small shacks in the woods, collect Unemployment and Welfare, yet have a 60" TV in their living room attached to the XboX and a brand new 4X4 in their front yard.

Takes all kinds, eh?
<---he said 'eh'...:D

Gato_Solo

markjs said:
I't's not people like Gonz and others of you here with your conservative opinion. Your opions are well reasoned and for you the conservative agenda is one that benifits you.

What pisses me off is that millions upon millions of poor people who can't afford heath care, millions that don't realize Bush would like to eliminante the minimum wage. Millions that don't know he and his political allies have already done away with overtime pay. Millions that lost jobs because Bush gave companies tax incentives to send jobs overseas. Millions who think because they got an extra $900 back in taxes that they really got something when billionaires got back enough to buy the Yachts and houses. All the while while education ond other programs aimed at the middle and lower class dry up for lack of funding. And these same people were DUPED.....They voted Bush because of his "Moral" stand (down with gay rights, faith based initiatives, anti abortion), or because they were so scared of terrorists that they buckled under and voted Bush.

Bush wants healthcare to be less about people helping people and more about profit. He wants Americans to slave for low wages with no unions and no benifits so that these companies can reap more profit. He hard sold his agenda with a candy coating of "Morality"(something democrats actually do have too) and Fear.

It isn't people like Gonz we have to blame, it's the fact that most of this nation is made up of morons that don't even know what is in their best interest. The kind of people who wouldn't even be drawn to an intellectual forum like this.

God help us all

Psst...here's a linky just for you. :grinyes:

Professur

It isn't people like Gonz we have to blame, it's the fact that most of this nation is made up of morons that don't even know what is in their best interest. The kind of people who wouldn't even be drawn to an intellectual forum like this.

The sad thing is that, he doesn't even know that his country was founded on the ideal of exploiting those very same morons. Mark, did anyone ever ask you to look out for their best interest? How can you possibly even know what their best interest is? You don't have a clue who they are.

Winky

Professur said:
Mark, did anyone ever ask you to look out for their best interest?

Well yes they did. In the beginning they were called employers, later customers.
The better I did in looking out for their best interests the better I did and that was in my 'best interest'.

Professur

And they paid you for the privledge. And you were expected to piss off and leave them alone when they stopped paying you, yes?

Winky

Oh NO I had instances of that as well.

The people that were 'expected' to piss off and bail were my employees! lol

If ya gotta give to get, then if you don't get ya give some more, just not to the same person.

freako104

Professur said:
The sad thing is that, he doesn't even know that his country was founded on the ideal of exploiting those very same morons. Mark, did anyone ever ask you to look out for their best interest? How can you possibly even know what their best interest is? You don't have a clue who they are.

I wish more people thought like that. I like the quote

Unwanted help can actually be hurtful