Yellow to Orange

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Well? What are we supposed to do now?

NY Times said:
The Bush administration today put the nation on a "high" terror alert for only the second time since the Sept. 11 attacks, warning Americans that Al Qaeda may be planning attacks on hotels, apartment buildings and other vulnerable targets in the United States.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
At this point in history, we're capable of fighting in 2.5 theatres. Good ting we have lots of missilies & planes. OH, and what t he hell is .5 of a theatre of war?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
unclehobart said:
Our military was designed to fight a 2 theater war.

Yes. We are designed to fight a 2 theater war. Too bad we're not manned to fight such a conflict. :grumpy:

Gato_Solo

Envision a hornets nest, and poke a stick in it. That's theater 1 response. Poke another stick in the other side right after stick #2, and that's theater #2. The .5 is held close to the nest. ;)

freako104

i sorta get it you attack both sides of it by dividing the army. but doesnt it weaken the army in any way?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I was going to start a new thread, but I guess this will fit here. I just heard on the news that a New York judge has found that police "did not deny first amendment rights to protesters" when they stopped an anti-war rally near the UN. The judge said that the "heightened terror alert was reason to curtail the event".....So now, whenever the President wants to shut down a protest, he just has to call Tom Ridge and have him change the color....:eek6:

Gato_Solo

freako104 said:
i sorta get it you attack both sides of it by dividing the army. but doesnt it weaken the army in any way?

Depends on the circumstances (size of the stick), the forces needed will be large or small. The analogy is that you don't swat flies with a cannon. ;)

Squiggy said:
I was going to start a new thread, but I guess this will fit here. I just heard on the news that a New York judge has found that police "did not deny first amendment rights to protesters" when they stopped an anti-war rally near the UN. The judge said that the "heightened terror alert was reason to curtail the event".....So now, whenever the President wants to shut down a protest, he just has to call Tom Ridge and have him change the color....:eek6:

Geez, Squiggmeister...the marines treated you that badly? ;)

It's not like the President knew when the protest was going to happen...and even if he did, do you really think he would stoop to that level just to drum up support for his war efforts? I think he's got more important things on his mind right now than stopping every protest that may pop up.

Gato_Solo

Squiggy said:
Hmmmm....visions of Kent State....:eek6:

That's why we need an enforced, mandatory draft. All citizens between 18 and 20 must register and serve before college et al. No rich folks buying out, and no leaving the country (draconian, I know). Everybody has a stake in the defense of this country, so everybody should be involved in the defense of this country. Only those physicall and emotionally unfit for duty would be exempted (4-F), and anyone caught faking would be prosecuted and given 2 years of hard labor. ;)

Q

Hey, as long as we're having this dream draft. Why limit it to citizens? Draft the aliens too. If they don't want to serve in our military...*poof* send their asses back.