Yellow to Orange

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Q said:
Hey, as long as we're having this dream draft. Why limit it to citizens? Draft the aliens too. If they don't want to serve in our military...*poof* send their asses back.

That's because they have no vested interest in what happens here in the US. If they volunteer, then they receive citizenship during their enlistment anyway...unless they decline. Then they get the boot. ;)

Q

Some of them have a vested interest in freeloading. I want a rebate. Draft them and make them do stupid shit then....peel potatoes, wash and wax the tanks...stuff like that.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Even that is obviously problematic. If we go to war with Iraq, and a bunch of Iraqi aliens want to join the Army, do we take them?

Squiggy

ThunderDick
But they can make batteries out of our own potatoes and sell them to terrorists for use in detonators...

Gato_Solo

Only citizens should have the rights to a free public education, et al, and, once out of the military, they'll have skills to bring to the jobsite as well. If they prefer college, then that's also an option. Welfare should be stigmatized. Only those unfit (physically or emotionally) to earn a living should be permitted to join that line...and most folks on welfare are capable of working. :grumpy:

Q

No, no, no....you don't just give them potatoes and no supervision...are you crazy?? The one's with the potatoes you keep an eye on, the one's with the peelers you send to the front.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
freako104 said:
so were designed to be in more than one war at a time?? how does that work?

Think of WWII... we were fighting the Japanese in the Pacific, and Germanies and friends in Europe. Two theaters... two very distinctly separate geographical locations.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
We would never consider a front if we couldn't cover our ass at the same time..Its just common sense.

freako104

outside looking in said:
freako104 said:
so were designed to be in more than one war at a time?? how does that work?

Think of WWII... we were fighting the Japanese in the Pacific, and Germanies and friends in Europe. Two theaters... two very distinctly separate geographical locations.

ok thanks for clearing that up. hey squig why were you thinking of kent state? i thought it was when students had protested and instead of police i thought the military was called out? and some idiot used a firecracker or something that could be mistaken for a gunshot and ofcourse we all know the results. unless i have only half the story as i sometimes do(gato i look to you since you have been able to give the half i didnt see in the past.)

Gato_Solo

The Ohio National Guard was called out to help quell a 'disturbance' at Kent State by the state police, who weren't equipped to be guards. Once there, the students took to peaceful endeavours such as placing flowers in the barrels of the weapons of the guards at one time, and hurling verbal assaults at another. The firecracker part is true, as is the result. Bottom line is that the National Guard is also not equipped to keep the peace per se.

unclehobart

Everything I'm reading out on the web said that it was the governor that called out the guard. I'm not finding a white house connection.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
The Governor is the CIC of a states national guard. Only he can order them into service. But it was pressure from the Nixon Whitehouse that got it done...Thats why the song says "Tin soldiers and Nixon coming...Four dead in Ohi-o" :D