Y'know who I miss?

nalani

greenfreak said:
I miss Dart. Trinity. But he always seems to show up right after people start talking about him.

as soon as I saw this thread, he was the first person I thought of .. I miss him too .. I will never forget that "Wonder Twins" pic he did of me and ku'u :D

Sharky

MrBishop said:
Heyas Sharky! You work in printing?!? Sweet! I've seen the digi-to-plate work at the last trade show that I went to. It's very nice!!! Still have some of the brochures at home too... :drool:

Yup! I'm the chief proofreader and copy editor for a 73-year-old printing company in Panama City.

We print ultra-high-quality magazines, books, brochures, posters, etc. Very high volume. In the last 12 months they have added three brand-new Heidelberg Speedmaster presses - an 8-color perfector with a CutStar roll feeder, a 5-color with UV coating capability, and a GTO 2-color sheet feeder. That gives us a total of five presses, including the existing two-color Speedmaster and a four-color perfector Speedmaster.

We were already 100% digital-to-plate, now they are expanding and upgrading the plating section to fully automated plating, and replacing the software with the latest technology that eliminates file rips from the process.

Are you in the graphics business?

(Sorry about going off-topic)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
unclehobart said:
Hes being cute. Moof IMPoof MUFU ... its all the same bloke.

hehe

Unc called me cute.

Yaknow it took me almost a month to figure out that IPH was him though....

AlphaTroll

Sharky said:
Yup! I'm the chief proofreader and copy editor for a 73-year-old printing company in Panama City.

We print ultra-high-quality magazines, books, brochures, posters, etc. Very high volume. In the last 12 months they have added three brand-new Heidelberg Speedmaster presses - an 8-color perfector with a CutStar roll feeder, a 5-color with UV coating capability, and a GTO 2-color sheet feeder. That gives us a total of five presses, including the existing two-color Speedmaster and a four-color perfector Speedmaster.

We were already 100% digital-to-plate, now they are expanding and upgrading the plating section to fully automated plating, and replacing the software with the latest technology that eliminates file rips from the process.

Are you in the graphics business?

(Sorry about going off-topic)

The ex used to work in printing too, I loved going in with him - those machines are awesome :D And I loved the smell of the ink.

Almost lost his fingers in an accident though - the guys who worked the guillotines changed the blades & never packed the old ones away, so as he walked by he slipped and as an instinctive reaction grabbed on to whatever was closest in an attempt to steady himself..... unfortunately he'd grabbed onto the blades that the morons had left standing against the wall :eh:

I miss GNL & Sam (and I KNOW they check in from time to time - just say something willya!)

SexyBoo

MrBishop said:
What about Anomylous Entity...a bit of a gun-nut, but otherwise and interesting poster.

Or Flavio even.
AE has been busy with changing jobs and everything. I barely get to talk to him anymore here lately. I think he spends most of his time on a couple of gun forums rather than here - I hate it because I really miss his interesting posts - and the sex of course!
:winkkiss:

Mirlyn

tonks said:
where's mirlyn been?
Right here. :D

Like GF said, I've been more than busy. Work two jobs and full time school. I counted it up once and it was somewheres around 60 hours a week of work and 14 college hours (plus homework). My friends and I also run our own business, which is taking more and more time (a good thing).

I'm usually over at Cat's place almost as equal as here. :)

BlurOfSerenity

this thread is bringing up so many memories :)

and it's cool that i know like everyone that's been mentioned, since i joined JJR512's board like two days after he started it

Stop Laughing

Leslie said:
SL doesn't come around nearly enough either.

I do now! It was just a big headache to come here back then. Dialup just doesn't do this place justice, on top of the fact that my brother monopolized the computer almost every night. No more of that now, I got the laptop on my bed and go to sleep with the glow of the computer next to me, and he can't bother me since he's on the main computer also browsing. WiFi rules!

BTW, for those who didn't know, I took over for Hani as mod of the Sports forum over at JJR's so he could move to other forums. I miss the trivia forum myself, I loved it. Also, whatever happened to Q? Forgive me if I missed it somewhere.