You can do WHAT?

greenfreak

Funny, the things Luis remembers. :D

Yes, I've done it. I can't close my jaw but I can fit it in there. Keep in mind, the cue ball is bigger than a regular pool ball. :)

Raven

Annoying SOB
How do peeps find out that they can do theses things.

Side note GF do you have to be snakelike with your jaw for that kinda thing?

greenfreak

I was making fun of someone and they told me I had a big mouth. I said, yes, I do, and opened my mouth wide. I just happened to be standing next to the pool table when I did it and they dared me to put the cue ball in my mouth and close it. I couldn't close my mouth but I could it fit inside. I don't know what you mean by snake-like though. :confuse3:

greenfreak

big_mouth.jpg

This is me. :rofl:

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
He means like dislocate your jaw...I think...

OK, I will have to try it with the cue ball...

Raven

Annoying SOB
I forget a lot of things then remember them much later. My short term memory sucks.

What was I going to say?

I forget a lot of things then remember them much later. My short term memory sucks.

Errm did I just say that?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
steweygrrrr, that happens to me too, sometimes i can't remember things that just happened or that happened like 2 days ago, but then it all comes clear, weird, isn't it?

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I spelled it alot for about 28 years. Then I got spellcheck. Fuckers. I really thought alot was a word.

Raven

Annoying SOB
Trish: Whats TMJ?

Luis: Think of your brain as a PC. Your short term memory is like RAM. Things get shunted here first. Your long term memory is like ROM. After being shunted to the short term memory (depending on the length of the memory this can be a few seconds to a few minutes). This then gets pushed through to your long term memory which creates a new synaptic pathway for the memory, much like assigning a memory location to a file. Your brain can take a while to forge this pathway and access it thus the delay in remembering something that happened a short while ago.

Dada!! Thats the best explanation I can give as this was explained to me more than 2 years ago. Apologies if anyhing is incorrert but I believe this to be the correct explanation.

Neuroscience for Dummies has got to be an essential read :tardbang: