You're Homophobic...

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
a13antichrist said:
Guys are afraid of homosexuality for the same reason that they are incapable of having good friendships with women they're attracted to.

You may be speaking for yourself, but you certainly aren't speaking for all men. I have several good female friends that I am attracted to. I don't understand why this is a problem for so many other guys, but it certainly isn't a problem for all of us.

Oz

When I was growing up I thought I was homophobic (society in the 70's and 80's not being very tolerant of the gay lifestyle) then a few years later when a few of my friends came out of the closet, I realised I wasn't......

I've got quite a few gay friends (both men and women) and I really can't see how it makes the slightest bit of difference to our relationship (friendship) what they do with their bits at bedtime :confused:

peterska2

thats it exactly. some people are frightened by what they think people will think until they come out and then when they do they find that on the whole people are more accepting then what they were expecting.

a13antichrist

outside looking in said:
You may be speaking for yourself, but you certainly aren't speaking for all men. I have several good female friends that I am attracted to. I don't understand why this is a problem for so many other guys, but it certainly isn't a problem for all of us.

I fail to see what you're objecting to. My point was simply that guys that manage to have good friendships with females they're attracted to generally have no problem with gays and homosexuality, and vice versa. For the same reason. I'm guessing you wouldn't take offense if a guy hit on you, right?

MrBishop

I have gay friends and gay neighbors, coworkers, associates etc... frankly, it's not an issue unless they make it an issue. (that is...they're throwing the matter in your face to get a reaction)

I know a guy who often wears a t-shirt that says "Cocksucker, and proud of it"

He's also extremely femme ... and also get s a kick out of caressing straight guys to see the reaction.

I object to that, the same way that I object to feminists that scream at men who hold open doors, blacks that call others racist for innocent statements/actions and hets that constantly insist that they're straight over and over again.

It's stereotypical and annoying!

MrBishop

BTW...how in blazes did this get into Real World and why? Seems fluffy enough for the Lounge... not world news or anything. I would've expected a forum bump into Lifestyles, but not Real World...

What's up wit' dat?

Raven

Annoying SOB
Tis the content Bish. This is a Real World topic because of how heated this debate can get.

MrBishop

steweygrrrr said:
Tis the content Bish. This is a Real World topic because of how heated this debate can get.

You would figure that some of my past few threads would've found their way on here too then...Abortion, Racism etc...

Rose

Regardless of where the thread is..... ;)

I suppose I don't have anything against people who are gay or straight. In general, I don't like people anyway. So it works out nicely.

I've not had much experience with gay people in real life, the one guy I did know was a bitch anyway, so he's not a good example to go from.

freako104

one of my best friends is gay. i have no prob with it. i have told him and his fiance that i would go to one of his bars where he would be in a contest to see who is the most womanly. i dont like guys hitting on me but im very comfortable in my heterosesxuality that it doesnt bother me. but ill hate anyone who gives me a reason such as assholes

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
MrBishop said:
BTW...how in blazes did this get into Real World and why? Seems fluffy enough for the Lounge... not world news or anything. I would've expected a forum bump into Lifestyles, but not Real World...

What's up wit' dat?

I moved the homophobic and abortion threads, they fit here because it is a current issue present globaly, the RW forum are not only meant to contain threads regarding news events, threads about stating opinions or starting debates about delicate subjects like abortion, euthanasia, homosexuality, feminism, etc etc are also placed here.

Aunty Em

Well I'm bi and my nephew's gay so I don't think so, although I've found in the past that some gays are really anti-bi and when I used to go to a local gay nightclub I was always careful not to say I was bi. Some of those "butch" lesbians were really scarey!