0bama to Destroy U.S. Auto Fleet

Dave

vroom vroom

2009_ford_focus_rs_concept_image_main.jpg

Inkara1

The problem with the Smart car is that it doesn't get anywhere near the gas mileage you'd expect for its size, from the info I've seen online.

Winky

I have driven over 750,000 miles without so much as creasing a fender,
safety concerns are for idiots who crash into things thru recklessness.
Buy your ditzy teenage daughter an SUV to try to keep her safe I’ll see
her amateur driving style from a mile away and avoid her silly-assed antics.
The government telling the auto makers what to produce has bankrupted ‘em.
So the patient is near death from the cure you’ve prescribed?
A genius move is to double the dose and let the UAW run it?
Fucking Idiots!!!

Sharky

It ain't that small... hell, I'm looking at either a Vibe or a Mazda5 as my next wheels. This is pretty good in competition.

The Mazda 5 is a good car. :cool:

Inkara1 said:
The problem with the Smart car is that it doesn't get anywhere near the gas mileage you'd expect for its size, from the info I've seen online.

Guy at work has one. His license plate is "YOUR2BIG". :eh:

MrBishop

The government telling the auto makers what to produce has bankrupted ‘em.
:rofl: What bankrupted teh automakers is their inability to see past the end of their bonus checks and *gasp* actually build something people want to buy.

Inkara1

Guy at work has one. His license plate is "YOUR2BIG". :eh:
1. I didn't know Florida allowed eight-character plates. In California, the max is seven.
2. Someone needs to leave a note on his car telling him "your stupid" for screwing up your/you're.

Sharky

1. I didn't know Florida allowed eight-character plates. In California, the max is seven.
2. Someone needs to leave a note on his car telling him "your stupid" for screwing up your/you're.

Ha! I went out to the parking lot and looked - it says "YOU 2BIG". My bad.

There is a sticker on the car that says "Actual Size". :D

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Protectionist? They're designed to make American cars more like Euro-cars. Small, ugly & not worth driving.

Dave

I would love to be able to get my hands on some of those Euro spec cars. I'm hoping Ford does bring the Focus RS stateside. 305hp turbo 5 cylinder compact hatch....wheeeee.
VW has some great turbo diesels. Vauxhall (GM Europe) makes some nice little cars as well. These cars all get very good mileage because gas is so expensive there.
I'll take small, nimble with good throttle response over sheer mass any day. Your big F-whatever could crush it, but ya gotta catch it first.