11:05 CNN says President Obama

2minkey

bootlicker
fortunately for all of us, i am not, properly, a statistician... i'm a different kind of nerd...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
oh no it's the big bad media again! what shall we ever do???

:p

90% positive stories vs (about) 60%.

Add to that, he outspent McCain (who held to his word for public funds) by over five hundred and fifty million dollars.

If I spent half a billion while being coddled by the press & only got a 6 point vistory, I'd be pissed.

GrandCaravanSE

Well, I can't speak for all blacks (or in fact any) but I think that, before yesterday, a lot of them may have believed that they were at best a peripheral part of the country, that they weren't really part of the whole process, that a black person couldn't really be elected president. I think that, after yesterday, a lot of them now believe that they are fully engaged in the process of running their country. It's a powerful thing, an emotional thing, IMO. I think that many people see this as the ultimate expression of the dream of Martin Luther King and those who marched for civil rights. A lot of us still living can remember those times. That's why all the spontaneous outpouring of emotion. I found it very interesting myself. As I said before, it wasn't a consideration for me but I think I fully understand those for whom it was. Everything has changed.

Well if you look at it that way then yes, i still don't understand he got elected for the canidate, and then the president, over somebody else in the senate, maybe Dick Durban.

spike

90% positive stories vs (about) 60%.

Add to that, he outspent McCain (who held to his word for public funds) by over five hundred and fifty million dollars.

If I spent half a billion while being coddled by the press & only got a 6 point vistory, I'd be pissed.

Actually the press coddled McCain and RNC money made the spending a lot closer.

2minkey

bootlicker
it's kinda funny difficult it is for lots of folks here to simply acknowledge the fact that a slim majority of americans voted against the republican blunder machine of the last 8 years, and for something different.

next there will be accusations that micro_robots infested voting machines and turned Rs into Ds.

oh the whining.

GrandCaravanSE

It seems now more then ever that the president really can't do anything, soo i really don't see the "Change" coming into view in the near future.

2minkey

bootlicker
It seems now more then ever that the president really can't do anything, soo i really don't see the "Change" coming into view in the near future.

oh that's where yer wrong brother stinklestein. combine obama with the numbers the Ds got in congress, there's a whole buncha shit they can get passed. exactly the kinda stuff that gonz is worried about... and to some degree his concerns are not illegitimate.

GrandCaravanSE

oh that's where yer wrong brother stinklestein. combine obama with the numbers the Ds got in congress, there's a whole buncha shit they can get passed. exactly the kinda stuff that gonz is worried about... and to some degree his concerns are not illegitimate.

I can alway move to canada, or mexico. anyway i still think that nothing is going to change, everybody is just over reacting to the presidental election, when 1/3 of congress gets changed next year, i really this the percentage of Ds will change.

spike

Damn, Jim is readin' all the other threads but this one for some reason. What's wrong Jim?

You're the one that said to hold it against you.

2minkey

bootlicker
I can alway move to canada, or mexico. anyway i still think that nothing is going to change, everybody is just over reacting to the presidental election, when 1/3 of congress gets changed next year, i really this the percentage of Ds will change.

that's cool. i'm just gonna shit in a cup and call it sally, and hope for the best.

spike

obama27_16804595.jpg

265017.full.gif

tonksy

I love the little kid bump. Mar and I used to do that much more often than we do now. I miss it.

Inkara1

I can understand that... but the second time he posted the same thing in the same thread is what irked me. The first time, he made his point. The second time made him seem like a childish braggart.

spike

I can understand your point.

You have to understand that in this case after so much crap from jim he actually asked to be held accountable for this statement. He said "bookmark it and hold it against me".

I appreciate that you would like to let him off the hook because you may agree with him on some things. That doesn't matter.

He's running from something he asked for.

Inkara1

Where did I ever say I would like for him to be let off the hook? You're just making shit up and going with it.