30 days

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Killing terrorists, helping an ally, creating an ally, stabilizing a region....works for me

spike

HomeLAN said:
At the very least, it's focusing terrorists' efforts over there. That means less resources focused over here.

Frankly, that works for me.

It's doubtful it means less efforts over here. For the most part we're fighting insurgents, not terrorists.

spike

Gonz said:
Killing terrorists, helping an ally, creating an ally, stabilizing a region....works for me

For the most part we're killing Iraqi civilians and insurgents, not terrorists. It ain't much of an ally considering they don't like us and we could have just bought a ton of allies for a trillion or 2. The region is less stable than ever.

That isn't working at all. Big waste of taxpayer dough with questionably any return for the taxpayers.

HomeLAN

spike said:
It's doubtful it means less efforts over here. For the most part we're fighting insurgents, not terrorists.

I disagree. I think it's become a magnet for terrorists of all stripes. Seems to me I heard a lot of liberals espousing the same views. If they're there, they aren't here.

Not surprised you don't wish to see it, though.

spike

HomeLAN said:
I disagree. I think it's become a magnet for terrorists of all stripes. Seems to me I heard a lot of liberals espousing the same views. If they're there, they aren't here.

Not surprised you don't wish to see it, though.

I think it's made more terrorist active in general, but we're still fighting insurgents for the most part. No reason to believe it's stopped any efforts here.

You want less arab terroism here, then cut off aid to Israel. That's an effective use of the tax money.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Fighting a group who wish to oppress its people? Kinda like the Taliban.

Making more terrorists? No, that would be the terrorists. They raise their children to hate & kill Jews, then all other non Islamic fundamentalist crazy.

Cut off aid to Israel & watch them get destroyed by Arabs who would then have only one battlefront-the west.

HomeLAN

Ya know, way back when, an agreement was reached whereby Isreal would withdraw from large areas of land, keep out (over the protests of its own citizens), allow the Palestinian faction self-government and an equal role at the table, and all they wanted in return was to stop being attacked.

They did it, too. Met many deadlines in good faith, even though the Qassam rockets kept coming. Dealt with the new Palaestinian government. the rockets kept coming. Watched daily attacks form just across their borders and did nothing, trusting in the process.

Finally, enough was enough and it was decided to exercise the right to defend the citizenry.

Fucking bastards. Pull their funding, by God!

HomeLAN

In anticipation of the screaming denials I can already hear from Spike -

Israeli soldiers have completed the eviction of Jewish settlers from Gaza and West Bank.

Protesters at the West Bank settlements of Sanur and Homesh were the last to leave, following token resistance.

Most Israelis support the pullout, but some feel the government has given in to Palestinian militant groups, and worry that further withdrawals will follow.

BBC

21 March 2000
Israel finally hands over West Bank territory to the Palestinians amounting to 6.1% of the total - the last part of a transfer originally agreed at Wye River in 1998. Palestinian and Israeli negotiators also meet in Washington to restart final status talks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/special_report/1999/05/99/israel_elections/340237.stm

Pay special attention to that second link. Nowhere in it will you see that the Palestinians went back on their word. That's because they never came into compliance with what they promised to begin with.

So, on the one side you have a sovereign government who has taken concrete steps - not always fast and not always happily, but concrete steps - to fulfill their promises and seek peace. On the other, you have a group which, while elected, is rife with internal fighting and power struggle, which had but one duty in the process - and won't do it.

Why are you aligning yourself with the impediment, here, Spike?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
HomeLAN said:
...an agreement was reached whereby Isreal would withdraw from large areas of land,...

I wonder, where the media is during these times of Israeli pacifism? One never hears about the daily barrage into Israel until the Israelis decide to put an end to it. The rockets/mortars/grenades from Hezbollah & Hamas, to name just two, aren't avoiding civilian areas. These groups aren't calling the homes of the people about to be bombed with warnings to evacuate. Civilains get killed or hurt almost daily yet, until the Muslims are stopped, the press is quiet & forgets all about that area. Wonder why?

HomeLAN

Taking it further, how would the US react if, say, 3-5 rockets PER DAY were fired over the Canadian border at Detroit?

Professur

HomeLAN said:
Taking it further, how would the US react if, say, 3-5 rockets PER DAY were fired over the Canadian border at Detroit?

They'd probably write it off as urban renewal and send us a cheque.

spike

Gonz said:
Fighting a group who wish to oppress its people? Kinda like the Taliban.

Making more terrorists? No, that would be the terrorists. They raise their children to hate & kill Jews, then all other non Islamic fundamentalist crazy.

Cut off aid to Israel & watch them get destroyed by Arabs who would then have only one battlefront-the west.

Why do you think they want to oppress their people. Maybe they don't want US oppression?

Some Israelis raise their children to hate and kill the Arabs.

Cut off aid to Israel establish a buffer zone and enforce compliance from all sides with International law. This would go a long way towards ending hostilities.

Professur

He will this time ... or else. I'll tolerate a lot of opinion expressed as .... but that's borderline hatemongering.