A Folk Hero Is Born

Thulsa Doom

dennyburger.jpg

15,000 calories anyone?

Im floored by this. She must either have the metabolism of a nuclear furnace. Or shes half snake. Or else its just a publicity stunt by the bar. Although apparently there were legal witnesses. Im so in love. She needs to marry me...

burgergirl07.jpg

Dave

saw that someplace else too. said she fasted for 2 days prior to the attempt. all that beef is going to wreak havoc on her digestive tract.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
this is too much
and those who try to meet the three-hour limit must use no utensils and eat all of these fixins: one large onion, two whole tomatoes, one half head of lettuce, 1 1/4 pounds of cheese, top and bottom buns, and a cup each of mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, relish, banana peppers and some pickles.
Relsih? on a burger? blasphemy!

FluerVanderloo

Thulsa...love the picture in your siggy. As a Marylander, I agree completely.

And to think there are people in Ethopia who need that beef...
:lloyd:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
People in Ethiopia would never get that beef. Starving kids in China was my moms...never worked then either.

Sharky

That is impressive. Good grief, the burger probably outweighed her.

Who was it that always said "Never eat anything bigger than your head."? :lol2:

Thulsa Doom

Reminds me of the story about the Swedish guy who has (had?) the record for the most raw oysters eaten in one sitting. He qualfed down 33 DOZEN raw oysters in just a few hours. 33 dozen! And like a day later he went to the hospital for pains in his abdomen. And a foul order coming from his mouth... It seems the raw oysters started going bad before he could digest them all...

Sharky

Thulsa Doom said:
Reminds me of the story about the Swedish guy who has (had?) the record for the most raw oysters eaten in one sitting. He qualfed down 33 DOZEN raw oysters in just a few hours. 33 dozen! And like a day later he went to the hospital for pains in his abdomen. And a foul order coming from his mouth... It seems the raw oysters started going bad before he could digest them all...

Here's a thought for the squeamish: raw oysters are still alive when you eat them. I wonder if he could feel 'em squirming around in his belly?

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Sharky said:
Here's a thought for the squeamish: raw oysters are still alive when you eat them. I wonder if he could feel 'em squirming around in his belly?

I don't think they remain alive after chewing.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Thulsa Doom said:
You chew them? Whats to chew? Yer supposed to shoot em down whole with a little horseradish and lemon and tabaski.

No sauce for me :D

I do chew them, if I just swallowed there won't be enough time to taste them.

BeardofPants

Sharky said:

They'd be goners as soon as they hit the stomach acid. It's got a phreakin' strong pH level, that acid. :nerd:

Sharky

BeardofPants said:
They'd be goners as soon as they hit the stomach acid. It's got a phreakin' strong pH level, that acid. :nerd:
Oh, right . . . there's that. :lloyd:

We've taken to steaming ours since two or three people died of vibri . . . vibrio . . . vib . . . oyster poisoning. Lay 'em out on a tray and stick 'em on the fire until they pop open. It's easier than shucking 'em, too. :brush: